Welcome to the reviews section of the website. Below you will find each baseball ballpark I’ve been to and my review. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to understand how I score each ballpark.
1) PNC Park Review (4.33 out of 5)
2) Fenway Park Review (4.25 out of 5)
3) Progressive Field Review (4.00 out of 5)
4) Miller Park Review (3.92 out of 5)
5) New Yankee Stadium Review (3.75 out of 5)
6) Camden Yards Review (3.75 out of 5)
7) Old Yankee Stadium Review (3.58 out of 5)
8) Citi Field Review (3.42 out of 5)
9) Citizens Bank Park Review (3.25 out of 5)
10) Wrigley Field Review (3.17 out of 5)
11) Rogers Centre Review (3.08 out of 5)
11) Coors Field Review (3 out of 5)
11) Tropicana Field Review (2.67 out of 5)
13) Shea Stadium Review (2.67 out of 5)
14) Comerica Park Review (2.58 out of 5)
15) Guaranteed Rate Field Review (2.33 out of 5)
Getting to the Game (5 Points)
Getting to the game describes the way someone can attend a baseball game. The more options there are to visit a park like taking a bus, train, ferry or something else will get bonus points rather than just driving. As someone who does not own a car since I live in Boston, Massachusetts, I tend to score places on their accessibility for people who can’t drive to the venue.
The Neighborhood (5 Points)
One reason why I love going to different ballparks is to experience new places. I’m a city person, so I love seeing urban life in other locations outside Boston. Some places might be in a large parking lot, so I look for ways the park can improve their score by offering tailgating or not.
The Park or Stadium (5 Points)
The new venues have an advantage over some of the oldest baseball stadiums due to their amenities. I judge the park by the openness of the concourses, seat comfort, stadium amenities, and more. Overall, I want to feel like I’m at a baseball game, so the venue has to reflect the team that I’m seeing.
The Food (5 Points)
I won’t be able to try all the food when I visit, but I like to look at the menus at the stadium. Traditional food like Hot Dogs and Fries are fine, but some places go above and beyond the norm. I’ll try and highlight the winners from what I’ve seen by offering great food and drink options for fans.
The Atmosphere (5 Points)
Baseball is my favorite sport, so I want to be at a park where people care about the game. My favorite team is the New York Yankees and I’ve been to plenty of big games, so I know how passionate baseball games can be. I’m not expecting every game to be do or die, but I want people to care about what’s going on the field.
Repeat Value (5 Points)
Finally, I like to give an overall repeat value score because that is what’s most important to me. Catching all 30 parks is a goal of mine, but some parks I only plan to go to once and never again. I’ll highlight the places that have the best repeat value in the game.