Best Food at Subaru Park
Subaru Park (previously Talen Energy Stadium and PPL Park) is the soccer stadium home of the Philadelphia Union MLS (Major League Soccer) team. The stadium opened in 2010 at 2501 Seaport Dr, Chester, PA 19013, and sits in front of the Commodore Barry Bridge along the Delaware River. Outside of hosting MLS games, Subaru Park also hosts other sports like rugby, lacrosse, and college football. Also, concerts and other events take place at the arena for fans to enjoy year-round.
Here is the complete breakdown of Subaru Park food concession stands and drinks for your next visit!
Classic Subaru Park Food
- P.J. Whelihan’s Pub: Serving up classic meals like hot dogs, french fries, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, water, soda, beer, and more in sections 101 and 122
- Hot Dog Factory: Serving up hot dogs, water, beer, soda, and more out in sections 104 and 125
- Chickie’s & Pete’s: Any Philadelphia sports club fan will instantly be familiar with Chickie’s and Pete’s stands at the arena. The stand out in sections 108, 117, and 129 serves up bar food like hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, water, beer, soda, and more to enjoy during a soccer game.
- The Wing Kitchen: Serving up a wide range of chicken wing flavors to enjoy during a soccer game out in section 132
- Premio: Serving up authentic Italian sausage sandwiches and more out in section 127 and the Heineken Deck at the venue
New Food at Subaru Park
- Chank’s Pizza Cones: Cheese and pepperoni pizza cones out in sections 109 and 217
- Mona’s Pizza: Serving up authentic Italian pizza to enjoy out in section 109
- Philip’s Steaks: Fans looking for that authentic Philly cheesesteak sandwich to enjoy on matchday can head to section 107. In addition to the Philly cheesesteak, the stand also serves up a chicken cheesesteak sandwich
- Big Rube’s Fried Chicken: Fans looking for fried chicken sandwiches can head to section 132
Classic Dessert Choices
- Scoops N Smiles: Serving up ice cream and more out in sections 109, 112, and 120
- The Wing Kitchen: Head to section 132 if you are looking for donuts to enjoy on game day
- Philly Pretzel Factory: Fans looking for salty pretzels to enjoy during a game as a snack can head to section 111
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Drinks to a Philadelphia Union Game?
According to the official entry policy of the team, fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks to The Union Stadium for any game or event. However, there are some places nearby the arena that fans can check out before a game to get drinks or food. Those places include The Larimer Beer Company, Union Steaks, and Aunt B’sB’s Country Kitchen.
Also, visit the Subaru Park Parking guide before driving to the game. That link can help you know where the parking lots are and ways to save money on your next visit!
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
There is no smoking allowed inside the soccer arena.
Be sure to visit the Subaru Park Bag Policy guide to see what you can and can’t bring into the venue.
Popular Games Against Philadelphia Union
Whether regularly sitting with the “Sons of Ben” supporters at the River End during a game or coming to Subaru Park for the first time in the upper deck, you will have a great time due to the fan’s passion all around you. The Eastern Conference games that tend to bring the most passion and energy to the arena are when New York City FC, New York Red Bulls, CF Montreal, and New England Revolution come to town. Other Union matches that tend to draw much fan interest are LAFC, Los Angeles Galaxy, and Austin F.C. visiting the Pennsylvania MLS team.
Finally, you can expect the arena to be rocking when the Philadelphia Union team is in the playoffs.
Also, if you want to buy Philadelphia Union Tickets, you can visit that link.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Arena?
A soccer game’s max seating capacity at Subaru Park is 18,500, while concerts can have around 20k.