Best Food at Southwest University Park
Southwest University Park is home to the El Paso Chihuahuas Tiple-A Minor League Baseball Team at 1 Ballpark Plaza, El Paso, Texas, 79901. The team is the minor league affiliate of the San Deigo Padres MLB team. The venue has tremendous charm and offers fans excellent food and drink choices when catching a game.
Here is the complete Southwest University Park food and drink guide.
Classic Southwest University Park
- Alligator Alley: Ballpark nachos, chili cheese dogs, loaded nachos, Frito pies, hot dogs, veggie dogs, cracker jacks, peanuts, pretzels, boxed popcorn, soda, water, beer, and more in section 213
- Beer Carts: There are numerous beer cars around the stadium where you can get a drink from during the game
- Chico’s Eats & Treats: Ballpark nachos, dog dogs, veggie dogs, salads, soda, water, beer, and more in section 121
- Minchi’s: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches, and more in section 1111
- Chico’s Snack Bar: Cheese pizza, kid’s hot dogs, and more at the Chico’s playground
- Nachos Cart: Nachos with cheese and tons of toppings are in sections 103 and 123
- Sausage Spot: Italian sausage, bratwurst, and more in section 213
- Street Tacos: 3 packs of tacos, soda, water, beer, and more in section 106
New Food to Enjoy at Southwest University Park
- Hua Hua/Peter Piper Pizza: Pizza slices, chips, peanuts, ballpark nachos, cheeseburger baskets, chicken tender, French Fries, grilled chicken sandwiches, pretzels, boxed popcorn, soda, water, beer, and more in section 118
- Bar Pit BBQ: BBQ sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, mac and cheese with pork or chicken, and more in section 103
- Beer Garden: Fans looking for a wide selection of beer choices to choose from can head to sections 102, 109, 121, and 215
- Bullpen Burgers: Jalapeno burgers, Double play burgers, visiting burgers, and more in section 124
- Cazadores Cocktails: Signature cocktail drinks in section 105
Classic Dessert Choices
- Chico’s Eats & Treats: Soft served ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, waffle bowl fruit sundae, and more in section 121
- Dippin Dots: The ice cream classic is in section 109
- Funnel Cakes: Fans looking for funnel cakes, glazed pecans, glazed almonds, cotton candy, and more can head to section 103
- Southwest Kettle Corn: Kettle corn, cotton candy, lemonade, and ore in section 103
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Southwest University Park
Fans can’t bring outside food or drinks into the stadium for a game. However, fans who need to bring medical food into the venue can. If you need to do that, you should put that into a clear plastic bag to allow the security team to inspect that at the gate.
Also, be sure to visit the Southwest University Park Bag Policy guide to see what bags can come into the venue with fans.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the MiLB Ballpark
Fans heading to Southwest University Park can grab food and drinks before or after a game at places near the venue. Some places within walking distance of the ballpark include Park Tavern, Barrio Eats and Drions, Bonezay Wings, The Tiki Room El Paso, and the Pizza joint.
Promotional Games to Visit
Fans planning their next visit for an El Paso Chihuahuas game should go when there are discounts on food and drink options. For example, games during the year offer discounts on tacos, hot dogs, and beer. These promotional games are perfect for families looking to attend a game and save some money on food and drinks.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Minor League Baseball Ballpark
The maximum seating capacity for an El Paso Chihuahuas game at Southwest University Park is around 10k. The max seating capacity tends to change due to the number of standing room and park deck seats fans can buy for a game.