Best Food at Smoothie King Center
Smoothie King Center (originally New Orleans Arena) is home to the New Orleans Pelicans NBA team and New Orleans VooDoo, Arena Football team. The venue opened in 1999 in downtown New Orleans at 1501 Dave Dixon Dr, New Orleans, LA 70113. You can easily spot the arena as it sits directly next to Caesars Superdome, which is home to the New Orleans Saints National Football League team.
Outside of hosting basketball and arena football games, Smoothie King Center hosts many concerts, events, shows, performances, and more year-round.
Here is the food and drink guide at Smoothie King Center.
Classic Smoothie King Center Food
- Smoothies: Fans looking for smoothies to enjoy during a game or event can head to section 101
- Tip-Off: Hot dogs, sausages, chips, peanuts, nachos, cheese cups, pretzels, water, soda, beer, and more out in section 102
- Sports Bar: Signature cocktails, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, wine, beer, water, soda, and more in section 104
- Three Point Grill: This is a rotating menu that offers up something new to fans throughout the season in section 118
- Krispy Krunchy Chicken: French fries, shrimp, chicken tenders, chicken wings, and more out in sections 109 and 311
- Backcourt Burgers: Burgers, cheeseburgers, fries, and more in concourse section 116
- Nola Nachos: Fans looking for seafood nachos should head to sections 122 and 301
New Food at Smoothie King Center
- Zatarains: Fans looking for an authentic “Louisiana” food experience should head to section 106. There you will find alligator po’boy and jambalaya dishes to have during a game
- Dixie Tap Room: Specialty cocktail drinks, beer, and more in section 124
- Parish Pizza: Signature pizzas, including veggie, vegan, meat lovers, cheese, pepperoni, and more, out in sections 110 and 311
- Geaux Mac: Hot dogs, peanuts, chips, shrimp Geaux Mac, three cheese Geaux Mac, sausage, nachos, and more in sections 113 and 325
- Pier 121: Catfish, shrimp po’boys, cheese fries, shrimp platters, and more in section 121
- Dixie BBQ: Fans looking for BBQ meals can head over to section 317
Classic Dessert Choices
- Sweet Shack: Candy, funnel cakes, pudding, ice cream, and more in sections 117 and 309
- Nola Popcorn: Souvenir popcorn buckets, candy, chips, and more in sections 129 and 301
Can You Bring Outside Food or Drinks into the New Orleans Venue?
Pelican fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into the venue. However, with the arena in downtown New Orleans, you will find plenty of bars and restaurants to visit before or after a game if you are hungry and thirsty. Those places nearby include Taqueria D.F, Dave and Busters, PJ’s Coffee, and Smoothie King Juice shop.
Also, check out the Smoothie King Center parking guide before driving to the area. That link can also secure a parking spot before a big game. In addition, checking out that link with parking tips can help you save money on parking.
Finally, be sure to visit the Smoothie King Center Bag Policy guide to see what bags can come into the venue.
Can You Smoke Inside the Venue?
There is no smoking allowed inside the basketball arena.
Popular Matches Against the New Orleans Pelicans
There are games during the regular season that bring more passion to the arena in New Orleans than others. Those matches are when the Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, and Chicago Bulls come to town. Other popular games against the Pelicans are when the Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, and Los Angeles Lakers come to town.
Finally, when the New Orleans Pelicans are in the playoffs, you can expect the arena to be rocking with the fan atmosphere.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Venue?
A basketball game’s seating capacity is 18,500. Arena football games tend to have less seating capacity than you would find during a basketball game. Finally, performances, events, and concerts tend to have a larger seating capacity depending on the occasion.