Best Food at PPG Paints Arena
PPG Paints Arena (originally Consol Energy Center) is home to the Pittsburgh Penguins NHL team. The arena opened in 2010 near downtown Pittsburgh at 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219. PNC Park, where the Pittsburgh Pirates play baseball, is a bit over one mile away, and Acrisure Stadium (Heinz Field), where the Pittsburgh Steelers play football, is about a mile away from the hockey arena as well.
Outside of hosting hockey games, PPG Paints Arena hosts concerts, performances, trade shows, events, and more throughout the year for fans to enjoy.
Here is the complete guide to PPG Paints Arena food.
Classic PPG Paints Arena Food
- Dunkin Donuts: Serving up hot chocolate, donuts, coffee, tea, and more in sections 109, 118, and 212
- Italian Sausage: Serving up the classic Italian sausage, peppers, onions, bread, water, beer, soda, and more out in sections 107, 212, 230, and 232
- Classic Meals: Chicken tenders, fries, pretzels, nachos, chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, beer, water, soda, and more can be found throughout the concourse at many concession stands at the venue
- Smith’s Hot Dogs: Get the classic hot dog with plenty of toppings to choose from out in many of the concession stands in the concourse
- Nakama: Fans looking for sushi food items can head to section 232
New Food at PPG Paints Arena
- Healthy Salad and Fruit: Fans looking for a healthy salad and garden salad food choices to enjoy during a game can head to sections 108 and 116
- BBQ Food Options: Beef brisket sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, and more out in sections 115 and 205
- Emporio: Gourmet meatballs, loaded fries, tots, a wide selection of sauces, and more in section 223
- Turnpike Tavern: Serving up IPA’s and other craft beer out in section 106
- Chef’s Carvery: Signature sandwiches in a wide range of combinations out in section 107
Classic Dessert Choices
- Bottomless Popcorn Tub: Fans looking to share popcorn with their friends should head to sections 103, 105, 109, 113, 116, 121, 202, 223, and 231
- Dairy Queen: Ice cream in a wide selection of flavors out in sections 105 and 234
- Rita’s Italian Ice: Fans looking for Italian Ice can head to section 109
- Burgatory Milk Shakes: Signature milkshakes in loads of different flavors our in section 206
- Cotton Candy: Fans looking for cotton candy can go to sections 105 and 202. Also, fans will probably see vendors walking up and down the aisle during hockey games selling this treat.
Can You Bring Outside Food or Drinks into the Stadium?
Fans can’t bring outside food or drinks to the venue for a game or event. However, since the venue is close to downtown, there are plenty of Pittsburgh restaurants nearby to visit with friends to grab a bit to eat before going to the venue. Those places include China Wok, Social Circle Bar & Bistro, Secreto’s, and Pizza Bosa.
Also, visit the PPG Paints Arena parking guide to see where to park for a hockey game or event. You can secure a parking spot by checking out that link before driving to the stadium. In addition, you might be able to save some money on parking than what you will find if you drive to the stadium looking for a spot.
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
No smoking is allowed inside PPG Paints Arena for any game or event.
Popular Matches Against the Pittsburgh Penguins
Specific matches during the regular season bring more energy to PPG Paints Arena than others. Those big-time games are when the New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, and Boston Bruins visit. Other popular Pittsburgh Penguins games hockey fans should consider going to during the regular season are when the Toronto Leafs, Washington Capitals, and Columbus Blue Jackets come to town.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The hockey seating capacity at the venue is 18,387. Other concerts, shows, performances, and events have a slightly larger seating capacity than you will find for hockey games.