Best Food at PNC Arena
PNC Arena (originally BC Center and Raleigh Entertainment & Sports Center) is home to the Carolina Hurricanes NHL team and the NC State Wolfpack NCAA basketball team. The venue opened in 1999 at 1400 Edwards Mill Rd, Raleigh, North Carolina 27607. Outside of hosting Hurricanes and college basketball games, the venue hosts numerous concerts, events, performances, shows, and more throughout the year.
Here is the complete guide to PNC Arena food options and more for your next sporting event or concert.
Classic PNC Arena Food
- Shake Shack: Angus beef burgers, milkshakes, french fries, hot dogs, water, beer, and more out in section 123
- Rituals Coffee Company: Offering hot chocolate, lattes, coffee, and more out in sections 105 and 120
- PDQ Section: Sandwiches, chicken tenders, salads, water, beer, and more out in sections 130 and 301
- Jim Beam Drinks: Fans looking for Jim Beam alcoholic drinks can head to the concourse sections 101, 106, 110, 113, 122, 124, 305, and 321
- Game Day Marketplace: Slushies, snacks, candy, beer, water, and more can head to sections 126 and 314
- Sausage Stop: Italian sausages, cheddar bacon rolls, hot dogs, and more out in sections 105, 120, and 304
New Food at PNC Arena
- North Carolina BBQ Company: Fans looking for southern-style BBQ sandwiches, nachos, sweet tea, coleslaw, water, beer, and more should head to the concession stands 107, 123, 130, and 326
- Tres Tacos: Tacos, nachos, quesadillas, and more with a wide range of toppings out in section 130
- Raising the Steak: Signature steak sandwiches with cheese, onions, and more out in section 123
- Wicked Weed Brewing: The famous brewery in Asheville, North Carolina, offers signature craft beer and more in section 110. In addition to their drinks, fans can find some sports pub food at this stand, like nachos.
- River’s Edge Lodge – Deep River Brewing: Offering draft and craft beers out in section 313
Classic Dessert Choices
- Popcorn and Pretzels: Fans looking for snacks like pretzels, popcorn, candy, lemonade, and more can head to sections 103, 118, and 325
- Twisted Waffle: Ice cream sundaes and waffle combos are in sections 116 and 322
- Dippin Dots: A wide range of ice cream flavors to enjoy are in sections 105, 110, 120, 306, and 326
- Nutty Bavarian: Candy nuts with a hint of salt are in sections 101, 116, and 316
Can You Bring Outside Food into the Venue?
Fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into the venue. However, a few good restaurants and bars are nearby the venue for fans to check out before a game. The Backyard Bistro, Bojangles, Bru’s Public House, and Wade Cafe are those places.
Also, check out the PNC Arena parking guide before driving to catch a Hurricanes hockey game. Visiting that link can help secure parking before getting to the venue. Plus, you can save money on parking as well!
Can You Smoke Inside the Venue?
There is no smoking allowed inside the venue for any game or event.
Popular Matches Against the Carolina Hurricanes
Specific hockey games against the Carolina Hurricanes bring more passion and energy to the stadium than others. Those matches tend to be when the Montreal Canadiens, Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers, and Boston Bruins visit. Other games that tend to be popular are when the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, and Toronto Maple Leafs come to town.
However, when the Carolina Hurricanes are in the playoffs, you can expect the energy at the venue to be at an all-time high no matter who they are playing.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Venue?
A hockey game seating capacity at the stadium is 18,680. College basketball games tend to have a slightly larger seating capacity at closer to 20k. Finally, all other concerts, events, shows, and more have a seating capacity of 21k.