Best Food at Minute Maid Park
Minute Maid Park is the home to the 2017 World Series Champions Houston Astros out in Houston, Texas. The venue has had a few names since opening in 2000 and even has had renovations made inside to make it more fan-friendly on gameday. In addition to renovations, Minute Maid Park continues to update their food each season for fans to enjoy.
Here are some of the best food options to consider when catching an Astros game at Minute Maid Park.
Classic Minute Maid Park Food Choices
- Battered-Up: Corn dogs, funnel cakes, chicken tenders, and more out in section 116
- Extreme Dog: Serving up the classic foot-long hot dog out in section 131
- 19th Hole in Center Field: Serving up traditional snacks and candy along with beer and wine out in section 156
- Papa Johns: Get traditional Italian pizza slices like cheese, pepperoni, sausage, veggie, and more out in sections 116, 125, 153, 411, and 429
- Shake Shack: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, shakes, and more out in section 157
New Food at Minute Maid Park
- H-Town Grill: Hot dogs, chicken tenders, sausages, French fries, and more out in sections 109, 125, and 308
- Healthy Food Options: Fans looking to eat healthy at the ballpark should head out to sections 109, 125, and 308. From there, you will find salad, hummus, fruit, and more to enjoy at the game
- Downtown Dogs: Get loaded up hot dogs, nachos, soda, Frito pie corn dogs, and more out on the mezzanine level for Astros fans to enjoy. The downtown dogs are always a fan favorite when coming to the ballpark on game day.
- Jackson Street BBQ: BBQ brisket, mac and cheese, and more out in section 124
- Texas Legend Grill: Nolan Ryan 100% beef burgers, fries, chicken tenders, and more out in sections 134 and 230
- Karbach Bar: Offering craft beer and a fantastic view of downtown Houston for fans to enjoy in section 304.
- HTX Mex: Serving up Tex-Mex (Texas and Mexican) cuisine like tacos, burritos, jalapenos, queso, tortillas, nachos, and more out in section 215
- Torchy’s Tacos: Offering a comfortable place for fans to get tacos and eat at a picnic table with friends. You can find this concession stand out in the right field at the ballpark.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Cookies and Creamery Ice Cream: The perfect summer treat for all Astros fans to enjoy. Enjoy a wide range of ice cream flavors put into a Houston Astros souvenir helmet out in sections 106, 153, 251, 311, 323, and 329)
- Dippin Dots: Small bite-sized ice cream including chocolate, rainbow, cookies and cream, vanilla, and more out in sections 105, 156, 309, 330
Can You Bring Your Food into Minute Maid Park
According to MLB.com, Astros fans can bring outside food and one sealed bottle of water into the venue on game day.
Also, be sure to visit the Minute Maid Park Bag Policy page to see what bags you can and can’t bring into the stadium.
Can you Smoke at the Ballpark?
Smoking is not allowed inside Minute Maid Park. However, fans looking to smoke need to be further than 25 feet from the stadium.
Popular Matches Against the Houston Astros
Since 2017, the Houston Astros have been one of the best Major League Baseball teams. Each season, they continue to dominate, which means that many fans show up every day to watch them play. You can expect big fan turnouts when the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and the Texas Rangers come into town.
Fans looking for less expensive ticket prices should consider going during the week. Weekday games tend to be cheaper than what you would find on the weekend. To help save even more money, consider getting tickets against the Tampa Bay Rays, Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, Toronto Blue Jays, and Cleveland Guardians.
What is the Average Attendance at a Houston Astros Game?
Since 2017, the Houston Astros have been one of the better teams in baseball. Being a better team means more fan interest in watching you play, which was the case in 2021, even with fewer fans able to go to games. On average, the Houston Astros had 25k fans at their ballpark and had over 2 million fans buy tickets during the season.
Conclusion: Minute Maid Park Food
In conclusion, Minute Maid Park offers a lot for fans to enjoy when catching a baseball games. From the view of downtown Houston, the retractable roof keeps fans nice and cool, and the updates to the food menu, this is one of the best places to watch baseball.
Also, if you plan to drive to the venue, check out the Minute Maid Park parking tips to find ways to save money.