Best Food at Michigan Stadium
Michigan Stadium (The Big House) is home to the University of Michigan college football team (Michigan Wolverines) at 1201 S Main St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. The college stadium has been around since 1927, meaning decades of great games have taken place at this stadium, which makes it so famous for any fan to visit. Over the years, the venue has gone through renovations to help modernize the look and feel of the stadium to enhance the fan experience. One way the venue continues to improve the fan experience each season is by offering great food and drink options to get on gameday at the stadium.
Here is the complete Michigan Stadium food and drink guide for your next game.
Classic Michigan Stadium Food
- Wolverine Classics: Hot dogs, bratwursts, potato chips, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 2, 5, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 27, 29, 34, 38, and in the upper level
- Beer Carts: There are numerous portable beer carts throughout the venue selling a wide range of drinks
- Wolverine Express: Quick meals like pretzels, potato chips, icees, and more in the upper level
- Cottage Inn Pizza: Italian slices of pizza, hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 2, 6, 12, 18, 32, 35, 37, and the upper level
- Flock: Loaded waffle fries, chicken tenders, fries, and more in section 8 and the upper level
- Big House Burgers: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, French Fries, chicken tenders, and more in the upper level
- Bearclaw Coffee: Hot and iced coffee in the upper level
New Food to Enjoy at Michigan Stadium
- Char: BBQ dishes, including pulled pork, hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more, in sections 11, 21, 25, 36, and 44
- Distrito: Tacos, chicken tenders, soda, water, beer, and more in section 43
- Hail! Hail Burger: Signature burgers, fries, soda, water, beer, and more in the upper level
- Big C’s BBQ: BBQ chicken sandwiches and more in the upper level
- Nacho Cantina: Beef and chicken nachos in the upper level
Classic Dessert Choices
- Sticky Stuff: Kettle corn and cotton candy in section 2 and the upper level
- Kona Ice: A wide range of Hawaiin shaved ice flavors in the upper level
- Candy: Fans can find candy bars and more in most of the concession stands throughout the venue
- Carvel Ice Cream: Fans can find a wide range of classic ice cream flavors to enjoy on game day in the upper level
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Michigan Stadium
According to the safety page for Michigan Stadium, fans can’t bring any outside food into the venue.
Can You Tailgate Before a Game?
Tailgating occurs before every game at Michigan Stadium. Fans tend to set up shop hours before kickoff in the parking lots outside of the stadium. Eating and drinking before a game in the parking lots is a great way to save money if you want to avoid paying for the food and drinks at the stadium.
However, just be aware that coolers and similar types of bags can’t come into the stadium after tailgating. Visit the Michigan Stadium Bag Policy guide for more information.
Popular Games Against the Michigan Wolverines
One of the biggest matchups against the University of Michigan is when they play Ohio State University. Outside of games against Ohio State University, you can expect games against Michigan State to always be popular to attend due to the in state rivalary between both teams.
However, no matter who they are playing, you can expect over 100k fans at the game. In 2022, Michigan led the league with an average attendance of 110k.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Football Stadium?
The max seating capacity at “The Big House” is 107,601, but the number can increase with standing-room tickets. The record-setting attendance came in at 115k in 2013 with a game against Notre Dame.