Best Food at Fenway Park
Fenway Park is the ballpark home to the MLB Boston Red Sox. Fenway Park is out in Boston, Massachusetts, and is one of the best places to catch a baseball game. The venue is famous for the Red Sox, but the food at the venue is pretty great as well. The food options include hot dogs, burgers, New England clam chowder, lobster rolls, beer, and more.
Here are some of the best food options Red Sox Fans can enjoy when visiting the ballpark.
Classic Fenway Park Food Choices
- Tasty Burger: Get Burgers, Fries, Shakes Cracker Jacks, and more
- Fenway Frank: The staple hot dog of the Boston Red Sox. Also, you will find plenty of sausage vendors on the street and inside Fenway Park during the game
- Donut Donuts: You can’t get more Boston than Dunkin Donuts. Enjoy coffee, donuts, and more during the game. Iced coffee is a treat during the summer via game days, but a hot coffee during the playoffs is excellent too.
New Food at Fenway Park
- Yankee Lobster – Offering the classic Portland Maine lobster roll both cold and hot. The cold lobster roll serves on a warm roll with mayo, celery, and lettuce at Gate D and the Pavilion.
- Strega – Boston is home to the famous North End, which serves delicious Italian cuisine. Baseball fans visiting Fenway need to check out Strega, which offers the Meatball Cone, including meatballs, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, dough, and more. You can find these at the Big Concourse, Home Plate Concourse, and Gate E.
- Regina Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy the brick-oven pizza from Regina’s, which brings that North End feeling into the ballpark. Regina’s is arguably the best pizza in Boston, so check it out at the Big Concourse, Gate E, Third Base Deck, First Base Concourse, and the standing room Right Field Roof Deck.
- Taste of Boston: If you plan to visit Fenway Park multiple times in a season, you need to check out Taste of Boston. Taste of Boston brings in two different local vendors each month to introduce their menu to fans.
- Savenor’s Butcher & Market: Out on Jersey Street (originally Yawkey Way), Savenor’s offers braised short rib grilled cheese sandwiches
- By Chloe: Serving “Fenway Nachos” with black beans, salsa, guacamole, tomatoes, and more.
- El Pelon: Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and more
Classic Dessert Choices
- Jane Dough: Cookie dough with soft-serve ice cream, whip cream, and more toppings
- Ice Cream: Pretty much wherever you go, you will find ice cream stands at Fenway Park. Some of the ice cream menus include the “Banana Splitter,” your usual vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream with hot fudge, banana, and whip cream. Dippin Dots is also a classic at the venue, along with “build your own sundae” out in the center field corner of the big concourse.
Can You Bring Food Into Fenway Park?
You cannot bring food into Fenway Park from the outside to watch a Red Sox game. If you are looking for gluten-free food options, you can find that at the Home Plate Deck, Gate E, the Pavilion, and Big Concourse. In addition to gluten-free, Red Sox fans looking for vegetarian food options can visit the salad bar / get a veggie burger at the Visitor’s Clubhouse area.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
Popular Matches Against the Boston Red Sox
While the Red Sox are popular, specific matches draw a more “intense” crowd than others during the season. Expect massive crowds and excitement when the New York Yankees, Tampa Bay Rays, Houston Astros, and Toronto Blue Jays visit. The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays are division rivals and tend to play against each other often in the postseason, so fans tend to find these matches more critical.
If you are looking for cheaper games to attend, consider going during the workweek. Day games during the week tend to be cheaper than on the weekends. In addition to that, games against the Baltimore Orioles, Oakland Athletics, Kansas City Royals, Minnesota Twins, and Seattle Mariners tend to be less popular matches.
How Many World Series Have the Boston Red Sox Won?
The Boston Red Sox organization have won a total of nine World Series Championships. Their most recent World Series victory came in 2018, and before that was 2013. Before breaking the curse in 2004 with a World Series victory, the Red Sox went 86 years between championships.
What is the Average Seating Capacity at a Red Sox Game?
The 2021 season had a limit to the number of fans attending a game. The Red Sox were the number 11 team in attendance, with 1.725 million fans going to Fenway Park for a game. In addition to that, they had an average of 21k fans per game that season. However, during a normal season, the Red Sox are close to selling out each game since they have a capacity of 37,400.
Conclusion: Fenway Park Food
Getting Red Sox tickets and catching a baseball game at Fenway Park is an experience. You should arrive early and spend time at the bars on Lansdowne street before entering the game. Some of the best bars include Bleacher Bar, Cask N Flagon, and Bills. All three bar are behind Fenway Park, while Bleacher Bar is part of the Green Monster. Fans can grab a beer and watch batting practice in Bleacher Bar, which is fun!
If you are coming to Fenway Park for the first time, you should be familiar with the Fenway Park Parking situation. Finding parking around Fenway Park and Boylston street is difficult, so plan ahead of time. If you can take the train to Kenmore Square from wherever you are coming from, you should consider doing that to save money.