Best Food at Coolray Field
Coolray Field (originally Gwinnett Stadium) is home to the Gwinnett Stripers Triple-A team at 2500 Buford Dr, Lawrenceville, GA 30043. The Gwinett Stripers are the minor league baseball affiliate of the Atlanta Braves MLB team. The ballpark is not only one of the better-looking Triple-A venues in the game but has some of the best food and drink options for a minor league baseball stadium in the league.
Here is the complete Coolray Field food and drink guide.
Classic Coolray Field
- Flashpoint Grille: Hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, French Fries, chicken tenders, Kid’s meals, soda, water, beer, and more at the home plate and first base area
- Steakadelphia: The classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, chicken Philly sandwich, buffalo chicken Philly sandwich, and nachos. You can find this stand in section 118
- Smoki’s Sausage Shack: Hot dogs, sausages, pulled pork sandwiches, and more in section 101
- Rachetti’s Pizza: Deep dish slices, Neapolitan pizza, salad, soda, water, beer, and more in section 111
- Beer Stands: There are numerous beer stands throughout the concourse selling different types of beer and hard seltzer to enjoy on game day
- Popcorn Stand: Selling traditional popcorn boxes and tubs in section 101
- Liquor Cart: Cocktails, wine, mixed drinks, and more in section 102
New Food to Enjoy at Coolray Field
- Pontoon Brewing Boathouse: Pulled pork sandwiches, wings, crab cakes, Cuban sandwiches, fish tacos, fried catfish, BBQ brisket nachos, potato wedges, soda, water, beer, cocktails, and more behind home plate
- All the Fixins: Bacon hot dogs, BBQ sundae bowl, catfish and fries, Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, and grilled cheese at section 102
- Xolos Cantina: Street tacos, nachos, quesadillas, soda, water, beer, and more in section 101
Classic Dessert Choices
- Sweet Spot: Funnel cakes, ice cream waffle cones, root beer floats, orange floats, cotton candy, candy, and boozy alcoholic drinks, in section 115
- Dip N Dots: The classic ice cream treat can be found throughout the concourse at the ballpark
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Coolray Field
Fans can’t bring any outside food into Coolray Field. However, there is an exception to this rule if you need to bring baby food or something similar into the ballpark. Therefore, if you need to, put that type of food in a clear plastic bag for inspection at the gate.
Finally, if you are looking to bring a bag to the ballpark, read the Coolray Field Bag Policy guide.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the MiLB Ballpark
There aren’t many bars or restaurants within walking distance of Coolray Field to visit before or after the game. The food and drink offerings inside the venue are some of the best in Minor League Baseball, so plan to eat at the ballpark.
However, if you do want to eat somewhere else before a game, there is the Three Dollar Cafe Buford. That cafe sits directly outside the venue.
Best Games to Visit
Families planning their next trip to Coolray Field should visit the promotions calendar to see what the offers are during the season. Some promotions give discounts on particular food and drink choices, which is always a great deal. The other popular promotion that gets a lot of fans into the venue is when there are fireworks.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Minor League Baseball Ballpark
The max seating capacity at Coolray Field is under 11k. Most games won’t result in a sellout. However, opening day and some promotions during the season will result in a capacity closer to 11k.