Best Food at Children’s Mercy Park
Children’s Mercy Park (previously Livestrong Sporting Park and Sporting Park) is home to Sporting KC, a team part of Major League Soccer. The stadium opened in 2011 at 1 Sporting Way, Kansas City, KS 66111. Outside of hosting soccer games, the venue hosts numerous concerts and events year-round.
Here is the complete breakdown of the food and drinks and Children’s Mercy Park.
Classic Children’s Mercy Park Food
- Dominos Pizza: Serving up a wide selection of pizza to enjoy on a game day near the Budweiser Brew House
- Craft Dogs: Fans can build their own hot dogs with toppings to enjoy on game day out in section 119
- Brat & Brau: Bratwurst, brat-chos, pretzels, vegan Italian sausage, sauerkraut, water, soda, beer, and more, throughout the concession stands in the stadium’s concourse
- The Market: Sub sandwiches, wraps, soda, water, beer, salads, and more in section 119
- The Shield Club: Offering up poutine fries and more
- Budweiser Brew House: Serving up a wide selection of beer and more for fans to enjoy during a soccer game next to the Hollywood Casino Gate.
New Food at Children’s Mercy Park
- American Royal: Pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, the Pit Master Bowl, soda, water, beer, and more in section 127
- Chicken Sandwich: Sering up chicken and waffle sandwiches with loads of toppings out in section 117
- KC Steak: Serving up the ultimate steak chips and ribeye sandwiches out in section 118
- World’s Kitchen: Chicken curry bowls, curry tots, falafel bowls, falafel wraps, water, beer, soda, and more in section 117
- El Capitan: Nacho bowls, street tacos, empanadas, chicken tamales, agua frescas, soda, water, beer, and more out in section 122
Classic Dessert Choices
- The Market: Cookies, muffins, brownies, and more out in section 119
Can Soccer Fans Bring Outside Food and Drinks into the Venue?
According to the official A-Z guide of the team, fans can’t bring outside food or drinks into the stadium. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions, you can contact the team with this link.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near Children’s Mercy Park
There are a few bars and restaurants near the soccer team’s venue that fans can check out before or after a game. Some nearby places include Yard House, Granite City Food, Jazz a Louisiana Kitchen, and Applebee’s.
Also, visit the Children’s Mercy Park parking guide before driving to the arena. By checking out that link ahead of time, you can find ways to save on parking for your next event!
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
According to the official A-Z guide of the team, there is no smoking inside the soccer team’s home.
Popular Matches Against Sporting Kansas City
With Sporting Kansas City being part of the Western Conference, you can expect specific matches in that conference to be more popular than others during the regular season. Those games that tend to draw the biggest crowds are against LAFC, La Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, and Portland Timbers. Other big games in the western conference are against Austin FC, St. Louis City, Minnesota United, and Real Salt Lake.
Also, it is worth noting that when Sporting KC is in the playoffs, you can expect the atmosphere at the stadium to be rocking, no matter who they are playing.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
The max seating capacity at the Major League Soccer stadium is 18,467. However, the seating capacity can increase for concerts and other events.