Best Food at Cheney Stadium
Cheney Stadium is home to the Tacoma Rainers Triple-A Minor League Baseball team at 2502 S Tyler St, Tacoma, WA 98405. The venue is the smallest Triple-A venue in the game, making it one of the more unique places to catch a game. Also, the venue is from 1960, which makes it one of the oldest in the game too. The team itself is affiliated with the Seattle Mariners Major League Baseball team.
Here is the complete food and drink guide for your next home game at Cheney Stadium.
Classic Cheney Stadium Food
- Ivar’s: Fish and chip sandwiches, hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, clam chowder, soda, water, beer, and more
- USS Ivar’s: Soup, salads, wrap, and more.
- Kidd Valley: Milkshakes, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, corndogs, garlic fries, soda, water, beer, and more in section 120
- R Haus Brats: Spicy Italian, Seattle Dogs, and Jalapeno Cheddar brats in section 109
- Invincibles Pizza: Cheese and pepperoni pizza, nachos, ice cream, and more in section 103
- Beer Carts: There are numerous beer carts throughout the venue that fans can get a drink from during a game
- Cafe Elite: Coffee and more near the Bar-B-Q stand
New Food to Enjoy at Cheney Stadium
- Tacomas’ Best: Tacos (hard and soft shell) with tons of toppings
- Bar-B-Q: Pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese, loaded baked potatoes, soda, water, beer, and more
- Saucy’s: Sweet and savory bone-in chicken wings. This stand will have plenty of sauces to choose from for your wings. Also, you can get chicken sandwiches, fries, soda, water, beer, and more.
- Fowl Territory: Spicy chicken sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more in section 103
- Cider House: Fans looking for premium hard cider can find this near the Bar-B-Q stand
Classic Dessert Choices
- Sweet Shop: Hand-dipped ice cream, cotton candy, funnel cakes, and more
- Cotton Candy Stand: Fans looking for cotton candy to enjoy on game day can head to the stand next to the Bar-B-Q area to find it.
- Candy: Most concession stands throughout the venue also sell candy and more for fans to enjoy on game day
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Cheney Stadium
For a baseball game, fans coming to Cheney Stadium can only bring one outside clear plastic water bottle into the venue that is factory sealed. Otherwise, outside food and drinks can’t go into the arena. Visit the FAQ section for the team for more information.
Also, be sure to visit the Cheney Stadium Bag Policy guide to see what you can and cannot bring into the venue.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the MiLB Ballpark
There are a few places to grab food and drinks before a game within walking distance of Cheney Stadium for fans to visit before a game. Some places include Starbucks, Ricos Tacos, Allstar Burgers, and Taqueria Hermanos Cardona.
Promotional Games to Attend
Families planning their next Tacoma Rainers game should visit the team’s official promotions calendar first. Multiple games throughout the season offer great discounts on food and drink options that you can take advantage of. For example, some promotional games discount seltzer drinks, beer, and more. Going to these promotional games is a great way to save money when you bring your family to the game.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Ballpark?
The max seating capacity at Cheney Stadium is 6,500. That 6,500 limit is the smallest capacity size for all Triple-A venues in the game today.