Best Food at Capital One Arena
Capital One Arena is home to the Washington Capitals NHL team, the Washington Wizards NBA team, and the Georgetown Hoyas college basketball team. In addition to those teams, the venue was also home to the Washington Mystics WNBA team for a brief period. The venue opened in 199 in downtown Chinatown at 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004. Outside of hosting plenty of sports games, the venue consistently is home to concerts, trade shows, events, and more throughout the year.
Here is the Capital One Arena Food guide.
Classic Capital One Arena Food
- Dunkin Donuts: Fans looking for coffee and more can head over to the many Dunkin Donuts stands around the venue.
- Classic Sports Food: Pretzels, chicken tenders, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, fries, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, soda, water, beer, and more can be found at many of the concession stands at the venue
- Papa Johns: Serving up cheese, pepperoni, and more pizzas for fans to enjoy
- Fuku: Serving up fried chicken, fries, soda, beer, water, and more at many kiosks at the venue.
- District Grill: Serving up soups, grilled cheese sandwiches, soda, beer, and more throughout the venue to enjoy
- Bud Light Bar: Fans looking for a casual place to watch the game, get drinks, and enjoy food can head to the Bud Light Bar in section 103
New Food at Capital One Arena
- DC Cocktail Co: Serving up signature cocktail drinks to enjoy during a game
- Tenders, Love & Chicken: Crispy chicken sandwiches, water, beer, fries, and more fans to enjoy throughout the venue
- Tacos 202: Fans looking for tacos with loads of meat, veggies, sour cream, and more can head to section 107
- Box Frites: Serving up French fries and more throughout the venue to enjoy on gameday
Classic Dessert Choices
- Classic Desserts: Fans can find plenty of dessert options like ice cream, pretzels, popcorn, and more throughout the venue’s concourses to enjoy during a game.
- Rita’s Italian Ice: Get the classic Italian Ice treat in sections 108, 113, and 429.
- Jane Dough: Edible cookie dough, milkshakes, and more at the kiosk
Can You Bring Outside Food into Capital One Arena?
Fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into the venue. However, fans can bring an empty water bottle for personal use during a game.
While fans can’t bring outside food into the venue, there are plenty of bars and restaurants near the outlet to explore with friends. Many fans like to visit some of the local bars before a Wizards game / Capitals game before heading to the stadium.
Check out the Capital One Arena parking tips to know where to park before heading to the stadium.
Can You Smoke Inside the Venue?
There is no smoking allowed inside the venue.
Popular Matches Against the Washington Capital
Specific matches against the Washington Capitals draw more fan interest and intensity than others. Those big games against the Capitals are when the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, and New York Rangers come to town. Other big hockey game matches against the Capitals are when the Montreal Canadiens, Winnipeg Jets, Carolina Hurricanes, and Philadelphia Flyers visit.
Popular Matches Against the Washington Wizards
The Washington Wizards have a passionate fanbase that shows up for each home Wizards game. The matches that tend to draw the most interest are when the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, and Toronto Raptors come to town. Other popular games against the Wizards are when the Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Charlotte Hornets visit.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Venue?
Capital One Arena has a seating capacity of 20,356 for basketball games and 18,573 for hockey games. The seating capacity can increase for other events and shows at the venue.