Best Food at Beaver Stadium
Beaver Stadium is home to the Penn State College football team (Penn State Nittany Lions) at 1 Beaver Stadium, University Park, PA 16802. Since opening in 1960, the stadium has gone through numerous renovations, including adding lights, more seats, walkways, and scoreboards to improve the game day experience of fans and players. Another way the stadium continues to improve the fan day experience for a game is by updating the food and drink choices they offer at their concession stands.
Here is the Beaver Stadium food and drink guide for your next Penn State College football game.
Classic Beaver Stadium Food
- Classic Stadium Food: Hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken baskets, French Fries, Pizza, nachos with cheese, pretzels, popcorn, soda, water, beer, coffee, and more
- Chicken Basket Stand: Chicken tenders with french fries, soda, water, beer, and more
- Portable Beer Carts: The venue has multiple beer carts selling a wide selection of drinks to enjoy during a game. Fans should head to these portable beer stands since they will have shorter lines than traditional concession stands if they only want to grab a drink
- Fresh and Hot: Sausage sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, nachos and cheese, soda, water, beer, and more.
New Food to Enjoy at Beaver Stadium
- Kono Pizza Cones: A pizza put into a personal cone that makes it easy to walk and eat during the game. The concept of this food choice is simple, but it tends to be one of the most popular choices to get on gameday
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: A signature buffalo chicken sandwich with french fries
- New Holland Farm to Stadium: Bringing in local flavors of Pennsylvania directly into the stadium
- Scott’s Roasting Concession Stand: Pulled pork sandwiches, pork in a dish, sausage, and more
- Speciality Hot Dogs: Pig skin hot dogs with BBQ pork, Philly dog with cheesesteak, Chili cheese dog, and the plain hot dog special
- Loaded French Fries: Fans looking for a twist on French fries with different toppings can find this concession stand in the concourse
Classic Dessert Choices
- Berkey Creamery Ice Cream: Offering a wide selection of ice cream flavors to get on game day
- Candy: Most of the concession stands at the venue sell candy
- Soft Pretzels: Most of the concession stands in the venue sell pretzels
- Hot Chocolate: Many of the concession stands in the concourse sell hot chocolate to enjoy during a game
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Beaver Stadium?
Fans can’t bring any outside food into Beaver Stadium for a game. Read the team’s official prohibited items guide to get the full breakdown of everything that can’t come into the arena with fans.
Can You Tailgate Before a Game?
Tailgating at the University of Pennsylvania college football stadium is a significant part of the game day experience. For a 12:00 PM game, the parking lot will open at 7:00, and later games will have that open at 8:00 AM. You will find fans tailgating in the parking lots via grills, tents, games, and more. To learn more about the tailgating experience at Beaver Stadium, visit this link.
Also, be sure to visit the Beaver Stadium Bag Policy Guide.
Best Games to Visit for a Penn State Nittany Lions Football Gane
The Penn college football team has several rivals that their fans look forward to seeing each season. In no particular order, the rivals of the team are below.
- Michigan State
- Ohio State
- West Virginia
However, no matter who you see at Beaver Stadium, you will have a great time. Most games are a sellout at the stadium.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The max seating capacity at the Penn State College football stadium is 106,572.