Best Food at Wrigley Field
Wrigley Field is home to the MLB Chicago Cubs team in Chicago, Illinois. The venue on the North Side of Chicago is the second oldest stadium in the game today, so the charm and history make this venue unique. Not only is catching a Cubs game a treat for any baseball fan, but some of the food items are also pretty impressive at the venue. As a note, the food and drink options change slightly each season, so there is always something new to get when you visit.
Here is the Wrigley Field food and drink guide for your next Chicago Cubs game.
Classic Wrigley Field Food Choices
- Sheffield Counter: Wrigley Dogs (Hot Dogs), pretzels, cracker jacks, nachos, chicken sandwiches, vegan sloppy jane sandwich, and more out in the right field
- Chicago Dogs: Hot dogs served on a poppy-seed bun throughout the stadium to enjoy
- High Plains Bison: Serving up brat and Italian sausages throughout the concourses
- Pizza: Serving up classic pizza slices at sections 103, 129, 309, and 324
- Upper Deck Classics: Popcorn, hamburgers, cheeseburgers and more in sections324
- Hot Doug’s: Cubs Fans will love the famous Hot Doug’s (hot dogs) stand in the bleachers at the stadium
- Giordano’s: Chicago-style deep-dish pies (deep dish pizza). Fans looking for the ultimate Chicago cuisine should check out this stand out at Bleacher Platform 14
- Big W Burger: Hamburgers and cheeseburgers with all the traditional toppings you want to enjoy during the ballgame. You will find the Big W Burger concession stands all around the ballpark. Also, you will find the Impossible Burger at the venue as well.
New Food at Wrigley Field
- Pork & Mindy’s: Local Chicago BBQ using their famous 14-hour smoked slices of meat. The menu from Pork & Mindy’s includes buffalo chicken sandwiches, BLT’s, and traditional pulled pork sandwiches.
- Buona Beef: Serving Italian beef sandwiches out in Bleacher Platform 14
- Grown-Up Grilled Cheese: Grilled cheese sandwiches that include meat, onions, and more to enjoy
- North Side Twist: Two-pound soft pretzels that include chipotle honey mustard, cheese, and cinnamon cream. This pretzel is a great snack to share with a friend or to enjoy by yourself as you walk around the ballpark.
- Disco Fries: Receive a souvenir Chicago Cubs helmet with garlic fries, cheese, meat, and green onions.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Praire City Cookies: Individually wrapped cookies including oatmeal, chocolate almond coconut, birthday cake, and more
- Edy’s Ice Cream: Serving up all the classic ice cream flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip, birthday cake, berry rainbow, butter pecan, and more. You can also pick up a hot chocolate from here, which is perfect for those cold night games.
- Candy: Fans can get candy and more at many of the concession stands at the venue
Can You Bring Your Own Food into Wrigley Field
According to MLB.com, fans can bring in outside food and sealed water into the stadium. However, fans can only bring in food for personal consumption. Finally, all food items are subject to inspection by the staff at Wrigley Field.
Also, be sure to visit the Wrigley Field Bag Policy guide to see what you can and can’t bring into the venue.
Can You Smoke Inside the Facility?
Smoking is not allowed inside Wrigley Field.
Popular Matches Against the Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs tend to draw large crowds to every home game. Part of the draw of crowds comes down to the venue being famous for being the second oldest in the game. You can expect big crowds at the ballpark when the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, and Chicago White Sox visit.
Fans looking for cheap tickets to catch a game at Wrigley Field should consider going to a weekday game. Weekday games tend to be a lot cheaper than weekend games. If you want to save even more money on tickets, consider watching the Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks, Cincinnati Reds, or Pittsburgh Pirates when they visit Chicago.
How Many World Series Championships Have the Chicago Cubs Won?
The Chicago Cubs finally broke their 108-year curse of not winning a World Series in 2016. They won the World Series in Game 7 against the Cleveland Indians. In addition to winning that World Series in 2016, they have two more championship trophies in 1907 and 1908.
What is the Average Attendance for a Chicago Cubs Game?
In 2023, Wrigley Field is averaging close to 32k fans per game. That puts Wrigley Field in the top half of the league via attendance.
Wrigley Field can hold a total of 41,649 fans during a baseball game.
Conclusion: Wrigley Field Food
In conclusion, Wrigley Field is famous for being the second oldest stadium left in baseball and being home to the Chicago Cubs. While the ballpark has gone through recent renovations, the park still plays true to its opening back in 1914. However, while the venue is old, the Cubs organization continues to update their food options each season.
Finally, make sure to check out the Wrigley Field parking tips guide before your next game day visit. That guide can find you cheap parking options around the ballpark and more!