Best Food at Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway “Dega” (formerly Alabama International Motor Speedway AMS) is among the most famous NASCAR racetracks. The venue opened in 1969 at 3366 Speedway Blvd, Lincoln, AL 35096. The NASCAR racetrack sits next to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, which is always a popular destination for fans visiting the venue for a race. Dega hosts numerous events, including the NASCAR Cup Series, ARCA Menards Series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and NASCAR Xfinity Series.
Here is the complete food and drink guide at the concession stands at Dega for your next event.
Classic Talladega Superspeedway Food
- Talladega Garage Experience: Hot dogs, fry cups, soda, BBQ sandwiches, sausages, peanuts, nachos, chicken tenders, Philly cheesesteaks, Bill France burgers, water, beer, and more
- Classic Concession Stands: Nachos, pizza slices, peanuts, chicken fingers, French Fries, sausages, hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more
- Beer Stands: Fans will find numerous beer stands in the concourse area selling a wide range of beer for fans to enjoy on matchday
New Food at Dega
- Deep Fried Food: Chicken fingers, fry cups, French fries, soda, water, beer, and more
- Sandwich Stands: Bologna sandwiches, cheeseburgers, hamburgers, BBQ sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more
- Bama Bier Garden: Offering up a wide selection of beer choices out in the Fan Zone area
- O.V. Hill Specialty Foods: The Big One Meatball, Talla-Mento Dogwich “grilled cheese sandwich,” hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more
Classic Dessert Choices
- Classic Deserts: Fans will find concession stands throughout the venue selling a variety of candy, popcorn, chips, and more for fans to enjoy during race day
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Drinks into Talladega Superspeedway?
According to the official fan guide section on talladegasuperspeedway.com, fans can bring outside food and drinks to the venue for a NASCAR race. Fans can bring in pre-packed food and beverages that are not in glassware. Along with that, fans can bring in a backpack that does not exceed 18”x18”x14” and a soft-sided cooler that does not exceed 14”x14”x14”.
Be sure to visit that fan guide to see the complete list of items you can bring to the venue for your next event.
Are There Tailgating Spots on Raceday?
Tailgating at Talladega Superspeedway is part of the NASCAR fan experience of any race weekend. Tailgating tends to be a weeklong event at the raceway, with fans grilling, drinking, playing lawn games, listening to music, and so much more. The Infield at the venue opens on Wednesday and is one of the better places to set up for tailgating. There are also camping areas around the raceway to set up shop for tailgating.
Depending on the size of your crew, you should buy VIP tailgating parking ahead of the match. These preferred parking spots will set you up close to the action and will allow you to have a space to set up your tailgating area. Check out the VIP tailgating parking guide with this link to book your spot before your next sporting event.
Can You Smoke Inside the Venue?
According to the official FAQ section, racing fans can’t smoke anywhere in the grandstand or tower seating areas. However, fans will find designated smoking areas where they can smoke under the grandstands in the concourse area. Fans can also smoke outside the venue during tailgating and other festivities before the race.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
The seating capacity at the venue dramatically depends on the event that is taking place. The capacity will range anywhere from 80,000 to 175,000.