Best Food at Shell Energy Stadium (Previously PNC Stadium)
Shell Energy Stadium, originally PNC Stadium, BBVA Compass Stadium, and BBVA Stadium, is home to two soccer teams at 2200 Texas Ave, Houston, Texas 77003. One team is part of MLS (Major League Soccer), and the other is part of NWSL (National Women’s Soccer League). For MLS, the stadium is home to Houston Dynamo FC. Meanwhile, the NWSL team that calls this venue home is the Houston Dash.
Here is the complete food and drink guide for PNC Stadium.
Classic PNC Stadium Food
- Diggity Dawgs Too: Hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more in section 116
- Pappa John’s Pizza: Fans looking to get pizza during a soccer game can find it in section 107
- Coffee: Fans looking to have coffee during a game can head over to section 107
- La Copa: Serving up frozen drinks and more out in the Northwest corner of the venue
- HTX International Market: Fans looking for salads, fruit, and other healthy food choices can head to sections 114 and 133
New Food at Shell Energy Stadium
- Goalpost Grill: Grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, soda, water, beer, and more in section 128
- H-Town Grill: French fries, chicken sandwiches, grilled sausages, and more in section 138
- La Cocina: Nachos, tacos, chili, cheese, sour cream, soda, water, beer, and more in section 105
- Houston Q: Fans looking for tasty BBQ dishes, coleslaw, soda, water, beer, and more can head to section 121
- Zamora Tacos: Bringing Street tacos directly to the stadium out in section 115
Classic Dessert Choices
- The Market: Fans can get ice cream and more to enjoy on game day at the Northwest corner of the venue
- Cotton Candy: Fans looking for cotton candy can head over to sections 107, 115, 116, and 137
- Margaritas: Serving up a wide selection of mixed drinks out in sections 105, 110, 116, and 134
Can Soccer Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into the Houston Dynamo Stadium?
According to the official site, fans can’t bring outside food into the stadium. However, fans can bring in a factor-sealed closed water bottle that is 34oz or less. Be sure to visit that link before going to the game to ensure that the water rule has stayed the same.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the Houston Dynamo Stadium
A few bars and restaurants are within walking distance from Shell Energy Stadium (originally PNC Stadium) to check out before or after a game. Some bars and restaurants include Pitch 25, Truck Yard, Cross Bar, and Texas Tailgate.
Also, visit the Shell Energy Stadium Parking guide before driving to the game. Checking out that guide can give tips on where to park for a soccer game!
Can You Smoke Inside the Stadium?
There is no smoking allowed inside Shell Energy Stadium. Check out the smoking section guide with this link to see where you can smoke outside the stadium.
Also, check out the Shell Energy Stadium Bag Policy guide to see what you can and can’t bring into the venue.
Tickets to a Dynamo and Dash Game
Popular Matches Against the Houston Dynamo
The Texas Derby is the biggest soccer matchup for the Houston Dynamo. The Texas Derby is against FC Dallas and Austin FC. If you can only catch one Houston Dynamo game at home, consider going when they host Dallas or Austin.
Outside of the Texas Derby matchup, most Western Conference games will be exciting to attend. Expect the most fan passion when LAFC, LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, and Portland Timbers come to town.
Finally, if the Houston Dynamo team is in the playoffs, you can expect the venue to be rocking, no matter who they are playing.
Popular Matches Against the Houston Dash
The most popular matchup for the Houston Dash is against the Portland Thorns.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
The max seating capacity at the venue is 22,039.