Best Food at Sahlen Field
Sahlen Field (previously known as Pilot Field, Coca-Cola Field, Dunn Tire Park, and more) is home to the Buffalo Bisons Triple-A team at 1 James D Griffin Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203. The Buffalo Bisons are the minor league affiliate of the MLB Toronto Blue Jays team. From 2020-2021, the venue was the temporary home of the Toronto Blue Jays team.
Here is the complete food and drink guide at Sahlen Field.
Classic Sahlen Field Food
- First Base Dugout: Pretzels, Italian sausage, fried bologna, peanuts, craft beer, soda, water, and more
- Sahlen’s Hot Dogs: Fans can find hot dog stands throughout the venue
- Craft by Corner: A wide selection of beer choices and more in section 103
- Alexandra’s Home Style: Pierogis, blintzes, soda, water, beer, and more in section 100
- Portable Beer Stands: There are plenty of beer stands throughout the venue where fans can get a drink on game day
New Food to Enjoy at Sahlen Field
- Charlie the Butcher: The Buffalo famous beef on weck sandwich, soda, water, beer, and more in section 103
- La Nova: Buffalo’s pizza joint can be found in section 104 at the stadium
- Consumer’s: Offering a wide range of craft beer at the sawn gate
- Resurgence: Craft beer in section 104
- Highmark Healthy Cart: Offering beyond burgers, French Fries, soda, water, beer, and more
- Original Pizza Logs: Poutine, French Fries, chicken nuggets, soda, water, beer, and more in section 101
Classic Dessert Choices
- Ice Coffee: Fans looking for ice coffee during a game can head to sections 108, 112, 117, 118, 209, and 210
- Update Farms Soft Served Ice Cream: Offering a wide selection of soft-serve ice cream in section 109
- Churros: Fans looking for churros can find them in section 101 at the Original Pizza Logs station
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Sahlen Field
According to the security section of the Buffalo Bison’s website, fans can bring a clear plastic sandwich bag with food that does not exceed 6.5 inches by 5.5 inches. Fans can also bring a small juice box or a factory-sealed water bottle into the arena.
Also, be sure to visit the Sahlen Field Bag Policy to see what bags can come into the ballpark.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the MiLB Ballpark
There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance of Sahlen Field that fans can visit before or after a game. Some places near the venue include Other Half Brewing, Vault @237, Union Pub, Hombre y Lobo Tacos and Tequila, Fera’s Lunch House, and Pearl Street Grill and Brewery.
Promotional Games to Attend
The Buffalo Bisons have plenty of family-friendly promotions during the year that fans should be aware of. Some of their promotions include discounts on craft beer, $2 hot dogs, and more. These promotions bring more fans to the venue due to their popularity.
Be sure to visit the official promotions calendar of the Buffalo Bisons for more details.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Ballpark?
The max seating capacity at the venue is 16,600, which makes it the biggest Triple-A venue in the game. In 2004, the venue accommodated up to 21k fans, but renovations over the years have reduced the seating capacity. The venue was built partly to lure a Major League Baseball team, so the maximum seating capacity is larger than a typical Triple-A venue.
Also, the Toronto Blue Jays called this venue home from 2020 and 2021 during the Covid years and travel issues between Canada and the United States.