Best Food at Rogers Centre
Rogers Centre (previously Skydome) is the MLB ballpark home of the Toronto Blue Jays. After playing a bit in Buffalo in 2021, the Toronto Blue Jays are back in Canada. Being back in Canada and having an exciting product on the field, you can expect good crowds for certain games.
Here are some of the best food options to consider when catching a Blue Jays game at Rogers Centre.
Classic Rogers Centre Food
- Classics: Hot Dogs, Burgers, Nachos, soft pretzel, popcorn, and classic beer is ample up in the upper deck, which is the 500 level
- MYM Gourmet Frites: The traditional poutine dish that can be found throughout the stadium
New Food at Rogers Centre
- Streetcar Tacos: Serving up soft tacos with beef, chicken, cheese, and more out in section 537
- 12 Kitchen: Kettle chips with corn, salsa, jalapenos, cheese, and more out in section 215
- Shopsy’s Deli: Out in section 125 at the stadium, fans can get pastrami, corned beef, and smoked meat sandwiches
- Big Smoke Food: Offering fans fresh fruit and salads along with a wide range of veggie options
- The Hogtown Stak: Potatoes, pulled pork, bacon, and more
- Roundhouse Carvery and Bar: Offering fans a wide selection of beers to enjoy. Fans should remember that the Blue Jays will stop serving beer after the 7th inning during a baseball game.
- Muddy York Market: BBQ chicken nachos, Korean sandwich, veggie hot dogs, gyros veggie burgers, and veggie pizza out in section 109
Classic Dessert Choices
- Soft Serve Ice Cream: Fans looking for vanilla and chocolate ice cream in a Blue Jays souvenir cup can find plenty of stands selling ice cream throughout the venue
- T.O. Street Eats: Out in section 134, fans can dive into churros with vanilla ice cream
Can you Bring Your Own Food into the Stadium?
According to MLB.com, fans can bring outside food into the stadium. Any food brought into the stadium in a bag can’t exceed 16″ x 16″ x 8″. As always, the Blue Jays staff has the right to search any food or drink you to try and bring into the venue for a game.
Can You Smoke Inside the Facility?
There is no smoking inside Rogers Centre. Also, there are no designated outdoor smoking areas around the ballpark.
Popular Matches Against the Toronto Blue Jays
The Toronto Blue Jays are one of the young and upcoming teams in the American League East. They have a great set of players on their team that are exciting to watch, which means interest in going to Rogers Centre is picking up again. You can expect more fans to show up at the ballpark when the New York Yankees, Houston Astros, and Boston Red Sox visit the stadium.
Fans looking to save money on baseball game tickets should consider going on weekdays. Weekday games are cheaper than the weekend, and third-party sites tend to have these tickets at a discount. In addition to that, seeing teams that visit Rogers Centre like the Tampa Bay Rays, Baltimore Orioles, Kansas City Royals, and Seattle Mariners tend to draw small crowds.
How Many World Series Championships Have the Toronto Blue Jays Won?
The Toronto Blue Jays have won two World Series Championships in their franchise. They won the World Series back-to-back years in 1992 and 1993. Joe Carter was the baseball player who hit this famous walk-off home run in 1993, and it is still one of the best moments in baseball history, let alone Toronto Blue Jays history.
What is The Average Attendance at Rogers Centre?
Since Toronto was playing in Buffalo NY, last year, we will look at 2019 attendance numbers to see how popular they were. In 2019, they were towards the bottom of the league with an average game attendance of 21k per game. In addition to that, they had around 1.75 million fans visit their stadium that year.
Conclusion: Rogers Centre Food
Catching a Blue Jays game is always a treat for fans of the Blue Jays and visiting fans. When the roof is open, fans can see the C.N. tower looming over the right field. The retractable roof also ensures fans that the game won’t be rained out, making planning a trip much more manageable.
Another neat addition to the ballpark is the Marriott hotel out in the center field. Fans can spend money to rent out a room that overlooks the playing field, which is neat. Check out the hotel information in this link if you want to learn more about this opportunity.
Fans looking to find Rogers Centre Parking tips can visit that link. The official address of the venue out in downtown Toronto (near the Maple Leaf’s venue and Hockey Hall of Fame) and sits out at 1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, ON M5V 1J1, Canada. Finally, you can check out my Rogers Centre review if you want to see what I think of the venue.