Last updated on October 18th, 2023 at 05:29 pm
Best Food at Principal Park
Principal Park (formerly Sec Taylor Stadium) is home to the Iowa Cubs Triple-A team at 1 Line Dr, Des Moines, IA 50309. The team itself is the minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball team. Since opening in 1992, the venue has undergone numerous improvements over the year to improve the fan experience. One of the ways the organization has improved the stadium is by updating the food and drink options in the concourse each season.
Here is the complete Principal Park food and drink guide for your next game.
Classic Principal Park Food
- Lil Chicago: Chicago-style hot dogs, beef sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more in the main concourse
- Oaks Classic: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, potato chips, soda, water, beer, and more
- Cubs Classics: Ballpark favorites, including hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pretzels, nachos, and more
- Portable Beer Carts: There are plenty of portable beer carts throughout the venue that you can get a drink from during the game
New Food to Enjoy at Principal Park
- Casey’s Pizza: Italian pizza slices, soda, water, beer, and more
- Stew’s BBQ: BBQ pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos, beef brisket sandwiches, sausage, soda, water, beer, and more
- Hot Corner: Chicken stripes, Philly cheese steaks, corn dogs, French Fries, Pork Tenderloin sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more
- Confluence Brewing Company: A wide range of craft beer choices and popcorn
- Iowa Craft Beer Stand: Fans looking for a wide selection of craft beer can head to this stand. There are more than Thirty-Two beers on tap in this area to choose from.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Sweet Shop: Ice cream sundaes, ice cream in souvenir helmets, and more in the main concourse
- Cotton Candy: Fans will see multiple vendors walking up and down the aisle selling cotton candy to enjoy during a game
- Candy: Most of the concession stands at the venue have candy at them to get
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Principal Park
According to the official A-Z guide of Principal Park, fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into the venue with them.
Also, be sure to visit the Principal Park Bag Policy Guide to see what bags you can bring into the ballpark.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the MiLB Ballpark
Fans looking for a place to eat and drink before a game have a few options around the ballpark to consider going to. Some places within walking distance of the venue include Blaze Pizza, Secret Admirer, Hessen Haus, El Bait Shop, and the High Life Lounge.
Greg Kristan, owner of The Stadium Reviews, LLC and TM Blast, LLC, brings his extensive experience visiting over half of the MLB ballparks, along with numerous MLS, NHL, NBA, and NFL venues, to provide in-depth coverage on the bag policy, food options, and parking. He has also been interviewed about his experiences on several sports podcasts.