Best Food at Madison Square Garden
Madison Square Garden is home to the New York Rangers NHL team and New York Knicks NBA Team. In addition to hosting two professional teams, MSG hosts countless events, which makes it so famous. Sitting at 4 Pennsylvania Plaza, Manhattan, NY 10001, you are right in the thick of it in New York City.
Not only is the venue famous for the games and concerts it has, but the venue went through a recent renovation. The renovation made the seats more comfortable and expanded the food and drink options to get during an event.
Here are some of the best food options to get when coming to The Garden in Manhattan.
Classic Madison Square Garden Food Choices
- Dunkin Donuts: Get hot coffee, ice coffee, hot chocolate, and more out in section 202
- Garden Market: Classic stadium food options like hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, candy, water, beer, soda, and more
- Top Dog: Signature hot dogs, soda, and fries
- Fuku: Serving up fried chicken sandwiches, fries, soda, and more out in section 119
New Foods to Enjoy During a Rangers / Knicks/ Liberty Game
- Mike’s: Hot honey fried chicken, garlic wings, buffalo wings, beer, and more
- Simply Vegan: Smoothies, grilled bratwurst, sausage and peppers, pomme frites, chili, soda, and more
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop: Cheese and peperoni pizza
- Daily Burger: Daily cheeseburger, French fries, soda, chips, beer, and more out in sections 107, 116, 210, and 306
- Abigael’s Kosher Grill: Serving up kosher food options like sandwiches
- Fratelli Beretta: Serving up Italian sandwiches with salami, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and more
- Sausage Boss by Andrew Carmellini: Pork sausage, peppers, onions, and more out in sections 107 and 223
- Hill Country Barbecue Market: Smoked brisket, prime rib, and more out in section 107
- Gluten-Free at the Garden: Fans looking for gluten-free sandwiches can head to section 112
- Popcorn and Candy: Most stands around the venue will have candy, popcorn, peanuts, and more to pick up for dessert
- Ice Cream: Fans looking to pick up ice cream can find plenty of stands around the venue
Can You Bring Outside Food into Madison Square Garden?
You can’t bring in any outside food into MSG. However, the food options at the venue are surprisingly good.
Can You Smoke Inside the Stadium?
There is no smoking inside Madison Square Garden.
Can you Bring a Backpack into MSG?
Yes, you can bring a backpack to the venue. You are all set as long as the bag is no bigger than 22″ x 14″ x 9″. Your gear will be inspected and go through a metal detector as you enter the venue. You can also bring a laptop to the stadium. However, it is best to check the official guide to ensure the rules have not changed.
Parking Around the Venue
With MSG on top of Penn Station, you will not find street parking easily around the stadium. However, you can check out the Madison Square Garden Parking tips to find parking garages with affordable rates to secure a spot.
Popular Matches Against the New York Rangers
The New York Rangers are one of the most popular NHL franchises. Even when the team is not playing well, fans tend to flock to MSG due to their popularity and playing in the world’s most famous arena. During the regular season, the most popular matches include against the New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Boston Bruins, and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Fans looking to buy less expensive tickets to a Rangers game should consider going on a weekday. Weekday games tend to be more affordable than weekend games. The cheapest weekday games are when the Rangers play the Arizona Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Seattle Kraken during the weekday.
How Many Stanely Cup Trophies Have the New York Rangers Won?
The New York Rangers have won the Stanely Cup four times. The four-times include 1993-1994, 1939-1940, 1932-1933, and 1927-1928.
Popular Matches Against the New York Knicks
The New York Knicks are one of the most iconic NBA franchises today. Part of the draw comes from playing in Manhattan, playing in MSG, and being one of the oldest franchises in the game. Popular matches against the New York Knicks that always draw a large crowd include the Brooklyn Nets, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, and the Philadelphia 76ers.
Due to the demand for Knicks tickets, fans should consider going to games during the workweek to find less expensive options. Games against the Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, and Cleveland Cavaliers tend to draw less fan interest so these games will be the cheapest via the secondary market.
How Many NBA Championships Have the New York Knicks Won?
The New York Knicks have only won the NBA Championship two times in their career. The two times they won were in 1973 and 1970.
Conclusion: Madison Square Garden Food
MSG, the World’s Most Famous Arena, offers a lot for fans to enjoy. The venue is right at Penn Station, which means it is easy to get to by subway and Amtrak. There are plenty of NYC restaurants around the venue in midtown, and times square is a short distance away, so the venue’s location is ideal.
In addition to playing in a great location, MSG is home to the New York Rangers and the New York Knicks. Both teams are incredibly famous, and people visiting the city tend to put catching a game at this venue on top of their list, which is why most games are sellouts. In addition to that, plenty of concerts and other events take place at the venue each year.
Not only is this a great place to see a sporting event or concert, but the food at the venue is pretty good as well! Each season MSG updates its food menu, so there is always something new to try every year!