Best Food at Jack Trice Stadium
Jack Trice Stadium (previously known as Cyclone Stadium and Jack Trice Field) is home to the Iowa State Cyclones college football team at 1732 S 4th St, Ames, IA 50011. The venue opened in 1975 and has undergone numerous renovations and expansions to accommodate more fans over the years. Not only has the stadium gotten bigger to hold more fans for a game, but the team continues improving the food and drink choices they offer fans at the concession stands in the concourse.
Here is the complete Jack Trice Stadium food and drink guide for an Iowa State Cyclones college football game.
Classic Jack Trice Stadium Food
- Pizza Hut: Classic pizza slices, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 1, 13, and 27
- Chick-Fil-A: Fans looking for a chicken sandwich, French fries, soda, water, beer, and more can go to sections 5 and 39
- Victory Bell Dogs & Co: Hot dogs, bratwursts, nachos, popcorn, soda, water, beer, and more
- Campbells Corn Dogs: Corn dogs and more in sections 7, 16, 25, and 39
- State Fare: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken tenders, French Fries, popcorn, soda, water, beer, and more sections 6, 11, 29, and 37
- Portable Beer Carts: There are numerous beer carts throughout the concourse where you can pick up a drink to enjoy during a game
New Food to Enjoy at Jack Trice Stadium
- Cardinal Cantina: Tacos with different proteins, nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 17 and 40
- Burger and Dog Port: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and more in section 36
- Walking Taco: Tacos and more in sections 15 and 28
- BBQ Port: Pulled pork and brisket BBQ sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more in section 24
- Chuckie’s: Breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches and more in section 31
- Poutine: Fans looking for poutine can find this in the Richard O. Jacobson Plaza
Classic Dessert Choices
- Rita’s Ice Custard: Frozen ice cream treats in sections 17and 40
- Brandmeyer: Fans looking for kettle corn can head to sections 2 and 24
- Campbells: Lemonade in section
- G&G: Snow cones and cotton candy in sections 11 and 24
- Nuts: Roasted nuts are in section 27
- Candy: Most of the concession stands sell candy that you can pick up to enjoy during a game
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Jack Trice Stadium?
Fans can’t bring any outside food into the stadium for a game. However, the stadium officials will permit one factory-sealed water bottle into the game. You can also bring an empty water bottle into the stadium.
Visit the rules section to learn more about the prohibited items list.
Can You Tailgate Before a Game?
Yes, you can tailgate in the parking lots outside the stadium before a college football game. Tailgating makes up a lot of the excitement before an Iowa State Cyclones game, so if you want the whole game day experience, plan to arrive hours before the game to take in the festivities.
Visit the tailgating policy guide to see what you can and can’t bring into the parking lots for tailgating.
Best Games to Visit
There are three main rivals of the Iowa State Cyclones college football team that every fan looks forward to when the schedule comes out for that season. Those rival games are against Iowa, Kansas State, and Missouri. If you can only go to one Iowa State Cyclones home game this season, try and go during a rivalry game. The atmosphere in the stadium during these rivalry games is some of the best in college football.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The max seating capacity at Jack Rice Stadium is 61,500.