Best Food at Chase Field
Chase Field is the ballpark home to the MLB Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team in Phoenix, Arizona. The venue is best known for having a retractable roof and a swimming pool out in the right field to keep fans cool and comfortable during games. In addition to that, the Diamondbacks continue to update their food menu each season to make the stadium more fan-friendly.
Here are some of the best food items to get at Chase Field for a baseball game!
Classic Chase Field Food Choices
- Traditional Food Options: Helmet Nachos, pretzels, bratwurst, beer, soda, popcorn, and D-Bat Hotdogs with jalapenos
- Big Dawgs: Specialty hot dogs out in section 105
- Gonzo’s Grill: Named after the famous Luis Gonzalez, you will find plenty of ballpark classics and deserts including the flamin’ hot chicken wrap in section 141
- All Day Breakfast Dog: Packed with eggs, hash browns, country gravy, back, cheddar, and fried eggs
- Chick-fil-A: Serving up the classic chicken sandwich, soda, fries, and more out in sections 104, 126, and 328
New Food at Chase Field
- Copper State Steaks: A BBQ brisket sandwich and Cowboy steak sandwich with French fries out in section 121
- Paradise Valley Burger Company: Sweet potato tots
- Game Seven Grill: Serving some of the nest wings in baseball with the world’s hottest pepper
- Big Dawgs: Cheeseburger dogs that include a deep-fried experience mixed with hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, secret sauce, and more
- Taste of Chase: Crispy fried chicken between two funnel cakes. In addition to this mix, you also get cheddar cheese, maple syrup, and strawberry jam
- Ball Park Poppers: Corn dog drizzled with endless yellow cheese, hot sauce, and green onions
- El Guero Canelo: Classic hot dog wrapped in bacon, mayo, and beans making it a southwestern favorite
- 505 Frybread Taco: Loaded with beans, carnitas, green chili sauce, cheese, sour cream, and more.
- Burger Burger: Small cheeseburger slides with onion rings out in section 214
Classic Dessert Choices
- The Churro Dog 2.0: A cinnamon churro smothered in a glazed chocolate donut. On top of the churro, you have chocolate sauce, sweet caramel, and frozen yogurt.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shake: Served with strawberry milk, graham cracker crumbs, New York cheesecake, and more
- Cold Stone Creamery: Serving up many delicious ice cream flavors out in sections 112, 130, 137, 310 and 318
- Sweet Treats: Frozen yogurt out in sections 114, 123, 315, and 322
Can you Bring Outside Food into Chase Field?
Fans can bring outside food into Chase Field. The rule is to have the food in a clear plastic bag.
Can you Smoke in the Facility?
There is no smoking in the seating area at Chase Field. However, there are dedicated smoking areas for fans who are looking to smoke during a game. Check out this link for the full breakdown of where you can smoke.
Popular Matches Against the Arizona Diamondbacks
In general, most of the games at Chase Field won’t be sellouts for the Arizona Diamondbacks. However, some matches tend to draw bigger crowds than others. Matches against the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, New York Mets, and San Diego Padres tend to be popular games with fans.
Fans looking to save money on ticket prices to Chase Field should consider going to a weekday match. Weekday matches tend to be much cheaper than what you will find on the weekend. To find the most affordable weekday matches, consider going to Chase Field when the Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies, or Washington Nationals visit.
How Many World Series Championships Have the Arizona Diamondbacks Won?
The Arizona Diamondbacks have won one World Series Championship in their franchise since 1998. That one World Series victory took place in 2001 against the New York Yankees, and the game ended on a walk-off hit at Chase Field by the Diamondbacks. Many baseball fans point to that moment and the entire series as one of the greatest World Series matches of all time.
What is the Average Seating Attendance at Chase Field for a Baseball Game?
The 2021 baseball season limited the number of fans that could attend games. With that limitation of seating being the case, Arizona was towards the bottom of the league via average gameday attendance. During that 2021 season, an average of 12k fans would go to Chase Field to watch a baseball game.
Chase Field has a total seating capacity of 49k fans.
Conclusion: Chase Field Food
Chase Field offers some exceptional fan-friendly cuisine, all in the comfort of a retractable roof venue. The games are never too hot or cold, making watching baseball ideal. Not only that, but the venue has a swimming pool out in the right field, so consider booking your tickets there with your friends if you want to enjoy the game at the pool
Finally, you can find Chase Field Parking tips here before your next visit. These parking tips will help you know where to park and how to save money before going to the game!