Best Food at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Charlotte Motor Speedway (originally Lowe’s Motor Speedway) is the famous motorsports race track that hosts the Coca-Cola 600 and Bank of America Roval 400 annually. The venue opened in 1960 at 5555 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, North Carolina 28027. The venue sits around 20 miles away from the NASCAR Hall of Fame venue.
Here is the complete good and drink guide for your next NASCAR race.
Classic Charlotte Motor Speedway Food
- Shinedown Grill: Classic hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, nachos, and more in the Toyota area
- Shine the Chef: Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, water, soda, beer, and more out in the Chrysler area.
- Traveling Grill: Sausages, turkey legs, soda, water, beer, and more out in the Chrysler area
- Hungry Howie: Offering up pizza with numerous topping choices out in the Chrysler and General Motors area
- Bojangles: Chicken supreme sandwiches, fries, soda, water, beer, and more out in the Chrysler area and General Motors area
New Food at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Cocktail Bar: Signature cocktails, beer, water, and more out in the Toyota area
- Coles Southern BBQ: BBQ sandwiches, mac n cheese, water, soda, beer, and more in the Chrysler area
- Zeny: Burgers, hot dogs, cheesesteak sandwiches, fries, soda, water, beer, and more in the General Motors and Grand National area.
- Chans: Fried rice, chicken on a stick, noodles, and more out in the General Motors area.
- Hoops Nacho Bar: Offering up loaded nachos and more for fans to enjoy out in the Grand National area
Classic Dessert Choices
- Innovative: Offering Dippin Dots ice cream and lemonade out in the Toyota and Chrysler
- Modeen: Offering up ice cream out in the Toyota section
- Gus’: Funnel cakes out in the Chrysler and Generator Motors area
- Shiver Shack: Cotton candy out in the Ford Area
- Bams: Popcorn, cotton candy, and nuts out in the Ford area
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Drinks into CMS?
According to the official FAQ section for CMS, race fans can bring outside food and drinks into the venue on matchday. The rules state that the outside food needs to be small, sealed, and pre-packaged. Race fans can also bring in a soft-sided cooler that does not exceed 18”x1”x14”.
Check out the full PDF guide before your next race event to ensure the rules don’t change.
Is There Tailgating on Race Day at Charlotte Motor Speedway?
Tailgating is a significant part of catching a race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. There are pre-race concerts, grilling in the full-serving camping areas, and more. If this is your first time coming to the racetrack and you want the whole experience, plan to arrive 5-6 hours before the race time to get a parking spot and partake in the festivities before race time.
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
According to the track policies section for CMS, no smoking is allowed in the grandstands and concourses at the venue. However, there are smoking areas within the venue that offer TVs and high-top tables for fans who want to smoke at the venue. Check out that link before your next event to learn more about where you can and can’t smoke at the venue.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
The seating capacity will vary depending on the event. The capacity will fit somewhere between 94,000 and 171,000, depending on the event that is taking place at the arena.