Best Food at Amalie Arena
Amalie Arena (originally Ice Place, St. Pete Times Forum, and Tampa Bay Forum) is the home to the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team. The venue sits at 401 Channelside Dr, Tampa, Florida 33602, and opened in 1996. Outside of being home to the Lightning, the venue hosts concerts and events year-round.
Here is the Amalie Arena food guide for your next event!
Classic Amalie Arena Food
- Dog Gone It: Classic hot dog, Italian sausages, waffle fries, water, soda, and more out in sections 111 and 308
- Easy Sliders: Nashville chicken sliders, garlic fries, and more out in section 119
- Papa John’s Pizza: Fans looking for individual slices of pizza can find them throughout the venue
- Outback Steakhouse: Get signature burgers, steak sandwiches, fries, and more out in section 117
- Steak Station: The classic Philly cheesesteak out in section 120
- Ford’s Garage: Signature burgers, pretzel sticks, funnel cake fries, and more out in sections 109 and 301
- The Fry Box: Serving up cheese curds, classic poutine, and more out on terrace level
- Holy Hog BBQ: Serving up beef brisket sandwiches and more out in section 124
New Food at Amalie Arena
- Budweiser Biergarten Eats: A sports bar with pub-style food, including tater tots, cheese curds, buffalo wings, soda, water, beer, and more on the terrace level. Fans venturing to this area will get a great view of downtown Tampa as they wait in line during a hockey game to get their food.
- The Melt-Away: Serving up grilled cheese sandwiches out in section 308
- Knead: Serving up flatbreads with onions, sauces, mozzarella, sauces, and more out on the Tampa Bay Club level
- Portside Place: Pork al Pastor Tacos, chicken tacos, popcorn, pretzels, and more out in section 214.
- Mr. Empanada: A local Tampa restaurant offering empanadas, sausages, Cuban sandwiches, and more out in sections 110 and 307
- PDQ Fried Chicken: Hand-breaded tenders with a wide range of sauces out in sections 102 and 316
- Bayshore Brioche: Smokehouse burger, BBQ burgers, and more out in section 323
- Firestick Grill: Offering a buffet style of food options that are open at the club level at the venue
Classic Dessert Choices
- Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream: Loads of ice cream flavors out on the terrace level
- Hat Trick: Serving up ice cream in a souvenir hockey helmet
- Bowl’d Over: Build your ice cream bowl with waffles, banana splits, sprinkles, and more out in section 234
- JJ Snack Foods: Offering classic snacks like pretzels, frozen ices, funnel cakes, and more
Can You Bring Outside Food into Amalie Arena?
According to the policies page on Amalie Arena, fans can’t bring outside food into the stadium for games or events.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
There is no smoking allowed inside the hockey arena for any event.
Popular Tampa Bay Lightning Games During the Season
After winning the 2020 Stanley Cup and reaching the finals in 2022, the Tampa Bay Lightning are one of the most sought-after tickets in the NHL. Lightning Fans pack the venue each night for a hockey game, but specific matches during the regular season bring more intensity than others. These more popular matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning are when the New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Montreal Canadians come to Tampa.
What is the Seating Capacity at Amalie Arena?
The seating capacity for a hockey game is 19,092. For other select events, like concerts and events, the venue can open up to more seating.