Best Food at Yankee Stadium
Yankee Stadium is home to the MLB New York Yankees team out in the Bronx, New York City. Since 2009, Yankee Stadium has made more fan-friendly improvements to the stadium to remove obstructed seats and add more standing room sections for fans to eat and drink while watching baseball. Along with the stadium improvements, Yankee Stadium updates its food and drink menu each season for fans to enjoy.
In addition to being home to the New York Yankees, Yankee Stadium also is home to NYCFC, which is an MLS team. NYCFC won the MLS Cup in 2021, so expect more fans to show up to Yankee Stadium for match days in soccer.
Below are some of the best food at Yankee Stadium for a baseball or MLS game!
Classic Yankee Stadium Food Choices
- Shake Shack: Get Burgers, Fries, Shakes, Cracker Jacks, and more
- Nathans: The world-famous hot dog stand is at the venue. You can also get gluten-free hot dogs too. You can find many Nathan’s around the stadium, but you will immediately see this in the Great Hall as you walk into the park.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Offering a large selection of wings and crispy maple chicken sandwiches out in section 107
- Papa John’s Pizza: Serving up classic pizza slices including cheese, peperoni, meatball, veggie, sausage, and more
- Beer Stands: You will find plenty of places serving up cold beer to enjoy during a baseball game
New Food at Yankee Stadium
- Mighty Quinn: Brontosaurus BBQ Rib and chicken wings sandwiches. Mighty Quinn also offers vegan food options too
- Lobel: Prime Steak sandwiches
- Frank’s Red Hot Terrance (Toyota Terrace): Out in the left-field bleachers offering hamburgers, fries, pickles, and more.
- City Winery: Offering a large selection of wines at section 106
- Dyckman Beer Co: A Latino owned craft beer company bringing the flavors and culture of uptown NYC straight to Yankee Stadium in sections 227 and 236
- The Big Mozz: Large selection of Mozzarella and cheddar cheese to enjoy
- Noodles Bar: Offering sushi within the Pepsi Food court in section 127b
- Pinstripe Pilsner: Offering craft beer options
- Farmer’s Market: Fresh fruit like apples, salad, bananas, and more out in section 121b
Classic Dessert Choices
- Grand Slam Milkshake: Offering souvenir size Pinstripe milkshakes with a wide assortment of flavors and ice cream. One of the most famous is the Chocolate All-Star Shake that includes ice cream, Oreos, fudge brownie, and more.
- King’s Hawaiian: Sweet and buttery bread
Clubs at the Stadium
Yankee Stadium is also home to plenty of clubs and restaurants. Fans looking for a buffet should check out the Audi Yankees Club. Within the Audi Yankees Club, fans can load up on sushi, salad, beef, lobster, and more.
Two sections that don’t require a ticket to enter are the Hard Rock Cafe and NYY Steakhouse. The Hard Rock Cafe and NYY Steakhouse are at Gate 6 at Yankee Stadium, next to the train. Fans can go to both of these areas during non-game days as well.
Can you Bring Outside Food Into Yankee Stadium?
You can bring food from outside venues into Yankee Stadium. The official rule is that the food needs to be put into a clear plastic bag. Foods can include sandwiches, chips, candy, peanuts, and more. In addition to food, Yankee fans can also bring in unopened bottled water in a plastic bottle.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
Smoking is not allowed inside Yankee Stadium. Smokeless tobaccos is also prohibited from the stadium. Check out the full smoking policy guide to learn more.
Popular Matches Against the New York Yankees
The most popular matchups against the New York Yankees are the Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, and the Houston Astros. These three matchups during the season will always result in sellouts, which means you have to pay extra money on secondary markets to get tickets. However, the price is worth it because the energy between the fans is at its highest during these matches.
Fans looking to buy cheap tickets to Yankee Stadium for a game should consider going to a weekday match. Weekday matches at Yankee Stadium are almost always cheaper than what you will find for a weekend match. To save even more money for a weekday match, consider seeing the New York Yankees play the Baltimore Orioles, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners, or Oakland Athletics.
How Many World Series Championships Have the New York Yankees Won?
The New York Yankees are the most successful franchise in baseball, with 27 World Series Championships. Their most recent World Series victory took place in 2009 against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Not only do the New York Yankees have the most number of championships, but they also have had some of the greatest players play for them. Some of the most famous players include Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Mariano Rivera, and Derek Jeter. If possible, show up early to Yankee Stadium and head to Monument Park to see some of the Yankee greats and their accomplishments.
What is the Average Attendance for a Home Yankees Game?
The 2021 baseball season limited the number of fans that could attend games. The Yankees had the 8th highest average attendance at 24k fans per game, with that being the case. In addition to that, Yankee Stadium had just under 2 million fans visit the ballpark. Outside of 2021, you can expect Yankee Stadium to be in the top 5 positions via game-day attendance.
The seating capacity of Yankee Stadium is 50k fans.
What is the Average Attendance for a NYC FC Soccer Match?
According to Soccer Stadium Digest, NYC FC averages 19k fans per game in 2022. Unlike a New York Yankees game, NYC FC matches tend to close off the upper deck to try and keep fans lower to the action.
However, you can expect much bigger soccer crowds at Yankee Stadium when friendly matches occur, or when NYC FC enters the playoffs.
Conclusion: Yankee Stadium Food
Yankee Stadium has plenty of food options to choose from when visiting the ballpark in the Bronx. Not only do the Yankees update their ballpark food menu each season, but the stadium continues to be more fan-friendly with expansions to standing room sections. One of the best and new places to get food, drinks, and watch the game with friends is the standing room section out in the bleachers.
In addition to being home to the New York Yankees team, Yankee Stadium is also home to NYC FC.