Best Food at United Center
United Center is home to the Chicago Blackhawks NHL team and Chicago Bulls NBA team. The arena opened in 1994 on the West Side of Chicago at 1901 W Madison St, Chicago, Illinois 60612. United Center sits 6 miles away from Wrigley Field, where the Chicago Cubs play baseball, Guaranteed Rate Field, where the Chicago White Sox play baseball, and Solider Field, home of the Chicago Bears football team and Chicago Fire MLS team.
Outside of hosting basketball and hockey games, United Center has plenty of concerts and events year-round at their arena for fans in Chicago to enjoy year-round.
Here is the complete food and drink guide at United Center.
Classic United Center Food
- Chicago Sausage Shop: Hot dogs, French fries, nachos with cheese, popcorn, water, beer, soda, and more in section 223
- Legacy Burger: Grass-fed burgers, plant burgers, turkey burgers, shakes, water, soda, beer, and more in sections 108, 213, and 313
- LQ Chicken Shack: Fried chicken sandwiches, tater togs, fries, kettle chips, water, beer, soda, and more in section 205
- Madison Street Eats: Nachos, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, Chicago style deep dish pizza, and more in section 101
- Full Court Stand: Classic stadium food like hot dogs, chicken tenders, fries, water, soda, beer, and more in section 302
- This Little Goat: Serving up nachos, tacos, empanadas, and more Mexican food in sections 114 and 230
New Food at United Center
- Mad West: Chicago-style hot dogs that include onions, peppers, tomatoes, mustard, ketchup, and more in section 105. Also, you will find the classic Italian beef sandwich in this section as well
- Gibson’s Steakhouse: Filet mignon sliders, water, beer, soda, and more in section 103
- Lillie’s Q: Chicken tenders, fries, pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, lemonade, water, beer, soda, and more in sections 119, 206, and 330
- Mrs. Levy’s Deli: Corned beef sandwiches, pastrami sandwiches, beef sandwiches, and more with pickles and kettle chips in section 229
- Crown Royal Whisky Bar: Fans looking for signature drinks to enjoy during a game or show can head over to sections 118 and 119
- Ironworks: Classic steak sandwiches and more in section 309
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken: Serving up delicious fried chicken sandwiches in the concession stand 115
- Giordano’s: Serving up meatball sandwiches, pizza, and more in section 120.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Legacy Burgers: Fans looking for milkshakes with whip cream and or ice cream can head to sections 108, 213, and 313
- Mindy’s Hot Chocolate: Serving up hot chocolate with whip cream, marshmallows, cookies, and more in section 212
- 1800 Market: Potato chips, water, snacks, and more in the South Atrium at the stadium.
Can You Bring Outside Food or Beverages into United Center?
Fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into the stadium. However, with the venue being in downtown Chicago, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to visit before a game to get a drink or bite to eat. Those places are Park Tavern, SoJu BBQ, Billy Goat Tavern, and Great Central Brewing Company.
Also, check out the United Center parking guide before driving to the venue. This guide can help save you a parking spot before getting to the arena, which can help save the hassle of driving around looking for a spot in the garages.
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
There is no smoking allowed inside the arena.
Popular Matches Against the Chicago Blackhawks
The Chicago Blackhawks are one of the most popular teams in the NHL. Expect huge fan interest to show up at the arena when the Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, Detroit Reg Wings, and Toronto Maple Leafs come to town.
Popular Matches Against the Chicago Bulls
While the days are Michael Jordan and the Bulls dynasty from the 90s are no more, the Bulls are still an entertaining team to watch. If you want to go to a Bulls game, consider going when the New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics, and Los Angeles Lakers are in town. Those matches tend to have the most energy in the arena.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Arena?
A basketball game’s seating capacity is 20,917, while a hockey game’s capacity is 19,717. For all other events, like a concert, the seating capacity can increase to 23k or more depending on the occasion.