Best Food at Tropicana Field
Tropicana Field (The Trop) is home to the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg, Florida. While the venue tends to rank last in many MLB park reviews, the Rays organization does the best they can trying to improve the fan-experience. One of the ways they work on improving the fan experience is with updating the food and drink menu yearly.
Here are some of the best food and drink options at Tropicana Field.
Classic Tropicana Field Food Choices
- Classic Food: Nathan’s Hot dogs, sausages, burgers, bratwurst, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, and more throughout the ballpark’s concession stands
- Kahwa: Serving up coffee and espresso out in sections 101 and 150
- Papa John’s Pizza: Classic Italian pizza out in section 150, and the food hall
- Bird and Batter: Spicy chicken sandwiches at the Budweiser Porch
- Budweiser Grill: Steak fajitas and more
- Cubanaos: Fans looking for cuban sandwiches can find the at the Third Base Food Hall
- Little Greek: Gyros and more at the Third Base Food Hall
- Melted: Cordon blue sandwiches, nachos, grilled cheese, and more at the Budweiser Porch
New Food at Tropicana Field
- Pacific Counter’s: Rice bowls, poke bowls, drinks, and sushi out in the First Base Food Hall
- Beach Drive BBQ: Fried chicken sandwiches, brisket, crispy fish tacos, garlic fries, soda, water, beer, and more at the First Base Food Hall
- Cavery: Turkey sandwiches, hot pastrami sandwiches, smoked turkey, soda, water, beer, and more at the Third Base Food Hall
- Coppertail Brewing: Serving local beer and more in sections 117 and 120
- Crabby’s Beachside Bites: Boneless chicken tenders, crab pretzels, burger slides, fries, mac and cheese, and more in the center field plaza
- Modern Bird: Buffalo wingless bowl, chicken sandwiches, southern fried chicken, soda, water, beer and more at the Budweiser Porch
- Pig & Potato: Pretzel hot dogs, fries, soda, water, beer, and more at the Budweiser Porch
Classic Dessert Choices
- Beans & Barlour: Boozy milkshake flavors including cotton candy, caramel, and peanut butter at the Budweiser Porch
- Bavarian Nuts: Almonds, cashews, pecans, and more in sections 126 and 127
- Carousel’s Soft Served Ice Cream: Soft served ice cream, Italian Ice, and more in section 129
- Cotton Candy: Fans looking for cotton candy can find it at sections 112 and 125
- Dippin Dots: The fan favorite ice cream at sections 114, 123, 144, 147, and 373
- Daddie’s Donuts: Delicious donuts in a wide range of flavors in sections 125 and 142
Can You Bring Your Food into Tropicana Field?
According to MLB.com, fans can’t bring any outside food into Tropicana Field for a baseball game. However, fans can bring sealed-up water into the facility. Finally, anything you try and bring into the venue is subject to an inspection by the security staff at the ballpark.
Also, be sure to check out the Tropicana Field Bag Policy before your next event.
Can You Smoke Inside the Facility?
There is no smoking inside Tropicana Field.
Popular Matches Against the Tampa Bay Rays
The Tampa Bay Rays are one of the more exciting teams playing baseball, but they have a hard time getting fans to their stadium. However, while most of the season is difficult to attract fans to the venue, specific matches always pack the stadium. Those big matches are against the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Miami Marlins, and Houston Astros.
Fans looking for cheap Tampa Bay Rays tickets should consider going to a weekday match. A weekday match will be more affordable than a weekend game, especially if you look at the secondary market. Fans looking for the cheapest weekday games at Tropicana Field should go when the Baltimore Orioles, Toronto Blue Jays, or Detroit Tigers come and visit.
How Many World Series Championships Have the Tampa Bay Rays Won?
Since entering Major League Baseball in 1998, the Tampa Bay Rays (previously the Tampa Bay Devil Rays) have not won a World Series title. However, they have been to the World Series twice. The two times they went to the World Series were in 2008 and 2020.
What is the Average Game Day Attendance at Tropicana Field?
Even though the Tampa Bay Rays are one of the best team in 2023, their average attendance is only 16k per game. Part of the reason their attendance is so small is that they close off the upper deck for most games. However, the upper deck does open up for games against the New York Yankees. Along with that, playoff games have the upper deck open up as well.
Conclusion: Tropicana Field Food
In conclusion, Tropicana Field offers a more family-friendly atmosphere than other ballparks. The Rays tank in the right field, the outdoor party sections behind the center-field wall, family sections in the stadium, and the Ted Williams Museum out in the right-field are all nice touches to Tropicana Field. Not only are the Rays making the experience of coming to their venue better, but they have been one of the better teams in the league these past few seasons.
In addition to having a great product on the field, the Rays continue to upgrade their ballpark food choices each season. They enhance the ballpark food by working with local Tampa Bay area restaurants to bring their food and drinks into the venue.
Finally, Rays fans should check out the Tropicana Field Parking tips before heading to the stadium. Finding parking won’t be too difficult since the stadium is in a big parking lot, but some matchups bring sellout crowds. When the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox visit the Rays, you can expect parking to be close to selling out.