Best Food at Tropicana Field
Tropicana Field (The Trop) is home of the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg, Florida. The biggest complaint about the ballpark is the dome and catwalks over the field, so the Rays can’t do much about that since it supports the facility’s structure. However, the Rays continue making the most with what they have with a better than expected ballpark food menu. In addition to their food menu, the Rays also allow mobile order and a cashless payment system. Here are some of the best food and drinks to get when catching a home game at Tropicana Field.
Classic Tropicana Field Food Choices
View this post on Instagram
- Classic Food: Nathan’s Hot dogs, sausages, burgers, bratwurst, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, and more throughout the ballpark’s concession stands
- Loaded French Fries: Chorizo meat, fresh jalapenos, sour cream, and more
- Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich: A breaded chicken thigh served with two pickles and hot honey on a potato bun
New Food at Tropicana Field
- Short Rib Grilled Cheese: Loaded grille cheese with short rib, onions, chips, and more out at the Budweiser Porch out in the center field
- BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Blue corn tortilla chips, salsa, jalapenos, sour cream, and more out in sections 149, 150, 300 level, and Ybor Station
- TB Cuban Sandwich: The perfect Cuban sandwich with pork, ham, cheese, a pickle, and more out in sections 146, 148, and the Ybor Station
- Pacific Counter’s: Rice bowls, drinks, and sushi out in the First Base Food Hall
- Ducky’s West Tampa Bowl: Pork, onions, brown rice, and black beans served in a bowl next to the outfield porch at the stadium
- Pork and Cheese: ????A play on the traditional cheesesteak with slow-roasted pork with a spicy dressing
Classic Dessert Choices
View this post on Instagram
- Beans & Barlour: Boozy milkshake flavors including cotton candy, caramel, and peanut butter
- Sweet Stack Shack: Offering ice cream sandwiches with cookies and brownies near Gate 5
Can You Bring Your Food into Tropicana Field?
According to MLB.com, fans can’t bring any outside food into Tropicana Field for a baseball game. However, fans can bring sealed-up water into the facility. Finally, anything you try and bring into the venue is subject to an inspection by the security staff at the ballpark.
In conclusion, Tropicana Field offers more of a family-friendly atmosphere than other ballparks. The Rays tank in the right field, the outdoor party sections behind the center-field wall and the Ted Williams museum are all nice touches of Tropicana Field. The Rays continue adding more options to their ballpark food menu by bringing local Tampa Bay area cuisine as food options for fans to consider.
Finally, Rays fans should check out the Tropicana Field Parking tips before heading to the stadium. Finding parking won’t be too difficult since the stadium is in a big parking lot, but some matchups bring sell out crowds. You can expect parking to be difficult when the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox visit the Rays.