Best Food at Toyota Center
Toyota Center is the official home of the Houston Rockets NBA team. The basketball arena opened in 2003 in downtown Houston and is about a half mile from Minute Maid Park, where the Houston Astros play baseball. In addition, the arena is about seven miles away from NRG Stadium, where the Houston Texans play football.
Located at 1510 Polk St, Houston, Texas 77003 in 2003, the basketball complex hosts numerous concerts and events year-round for residents in the Houston area to enjoy.
Here are the food and drink menu items to be familiar with at Toyota Center for your next game or event!
Classic Toyota Center Food
- Pizza Hut: Fans looking for cheese and pepperoni pizza can get that in many of the concession stands in the concourse at the arena
- Hot Dogs: Fans will find countless concession stands selling hot dogs, water, beer, soda, and more throughout the stadium
- Nacho Stands: Nachos, quesadillas, chips, and more can be found in sections 111, 125, 413, and 433.
- Chicken Tenders: Serving up classic and buffalo chicken tenders in sections 113, 125, 403, 408, and 427
- Classic Beer Stands: There are numerous stands selling draft beer throughout the stadium.
New Food at Toyota Center
- Bill’s Bar & Burgers: Serving up hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, water, soda, beer, and more in section 119
- Philly Cheesesteak: Fans looking to have the classic Philly of Chicken sandwich can find that in section 110
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen: Beef tacos, chicken tacos, pork tacos, and more in sections 112 and 125
- Hou BBQ: Pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ sandwiches, beef brisket sandwiches, and more in section 114
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches: Fans looking to have the classic Nashville hot chicken sandwich to enjoy during a Rockets game can find that in the 100 level at the venue
Classic Dessert Choices
- Courtside Creamery: Fans looking to enjoy ice cream during a basketball game can head over to sections 125 and 432
- Cotton Candy: Cotton candy stands are in sections 125, 126, and 432. Also, fans can find numerous vendors walking through the stands selling cotton candy during games.
Can You Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Houston Rockets Venue?
The Houston Rockets don’t allow outside food or drinks to enter the venue from fans. However, with the venue being in downtown Houston, there are plenty of places to grab a drink or a bite of food before a Rockets game. Some locations include China Garden, 1600 Bar + Grille, The Rustic, Starbucks, and Pappasito’s Cantina.
Also, consider checking out the Toyota Center parking guide before driving to the arena for a basketball game or event. By checking out that link, you can secure a parking spot for your car, which is helpful if you are going to a big game or event.
Finally, be sure to visit the Toyota Center Bag Policy guide to see what bags can and can’t enter the arena.
Can You Smoke Inside the Houston Rockets Stadium?
There is no smoking or any kind allowed inside the stadium. If fans need to smoke, they should do that in the parking lots outside the stadium before entering the arena.
Popular Matches Against the Houston Rockets
Catching a Houston Rockets game is always a treat when you are in the area. Some of the more popular games against the Rockets are when the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers, and Golden State Warriors come to town. Also, you can expect additional fan interest when the Phoenix Suns, Memphis Grizzlies, and Utah Jazz come to Houston to play basketball.
Finally, when the Rockets are in the playoffs, you can expect Toyota Center to be rocking with fan enthusiasm.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Houston Rockets Venue?
The seating capacity at Toyota Center for a basketball game is 18,104. The capacity can increase for all other events, like concerts and shows, depending on ticket demand.