Best Food at Target Field
Target Field is home to the MLB Minnesota Twins out in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since opening in 2010, Target Field continues delivering a high-quality ballpark experience for fans to enjoy. Not only is the stadium new and modern, but the food items to eat at the venue is some of the best in the game.
Here is the breakdown of the best food and drinks to get when catching a baseball game at Target Field.
Classic Target Field Food Choices
- Classic Food: Hot dogs, polish sausages, burgers, bratwurst, popcorn, pretzels, nachos, and more throughout the ballpark’s concession stands
- Soul Bowl: Collard greens, mac and cheese, French Fries, jerk chicken sandwiches, and more out in section 120
- Budweiser Roof Deck: The signature standing room section at Target Field in left field with a wide beer selection
New Food at Target Field
- Minnie & Paul’s: Italian pizza from Pizza Luce and Red Cow under the center field celebration sign
- 2 Gingers: Cocktails made with gin, whiskey, ale, and more behind home plate
- Kramarczuk: Polish sausages with mac and cheese out in sections 112, 117, and 312
- Red Cow: The 60/40 burger, which means 60% ground beef and 40% bacon. Get this burger out in section 126
- Roots for the Home Team: Offering fresh and healthy food like salads and fruits for fans to enjoy
- Minnesota Brews: A wide range of local craft beers from Minnesota to enjoy out in sections 116 and 125
- Mill City Grill: Serving the famous Murray’s Steak Sandwich with cheese, rolls, and more out in sections 104 and 118
- Andrew Zimmern’s Korean Fried Chicken: Crispy bacon, jalapenos, grilled pineapple, and Korean fried chicken at the Town Ball Tavern
- Hot Indian Food’s Chana Masala: Potatoes, chicken tikka, tomato curry, squash, and more to enjoy in section 120
- Townball Tavern: Out in the left field, fans will be able to get a great view of the action while drinking pub food and drinks
- Truly On Deck: Out in the left field, fans will be able to watch the Twins game along with drinking popular drinks like Truly Hard Seltzer
- Gray Duck Deck: Fans looking for heaters to stand underneath during a cold game and drink should head out to this section in the left field.
- Summit Brewing Pub: Out in the left field, fans who want to catch the action can do so and drink local craft beers of Minnesota
- Jack Daniel’s Bar: Inside Gate 34 at the stadium, fans can show up to this bar to get signature cocktails before and during the game.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Dippin Dots: Serving up small bite-sized ice cream in a rainbow of colors out in section 108 and 117
- Izzy’s Ice Cream: Locally made ice cream of Minneapolis out in section 114
- Gelato: Serving up authentic Italian gelato with a wide range of flavors out in section 101
Can You Bring Your Food into Target Field?
According to MLB.com, fans can no longer bring outside food into Target Field for health and safety reasons. Also, be sure to visit the Target Field Bag Policy to see what you can and can’t bring into the stadium for a game.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
Smoking is not allowed inside Target Field.
Popular Matches Against the Minnesota Twins
The Minnesota Twins tend to be one of the best teams in the American League Central. You can expect large crowds to visit the ballpark to watch the team play when they are good. Popular matches against the Minnesota Twins include the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros, and Chicago White Sox.
Fans looking for less in-demand tickets should consider going to a weekday game. A weekday game against the Tampa Bay Rays, Kansas City Royals, Toronto Blue Jays, and Oakland Athletics tend to fall on the cheaper side. Also, games against the Seattle Mariners, Cleveland Guardians, and Baltimore Orioles tend to draw less fan interest.
Check out GameTime to save money on Minnesota Twins tickets!
How Many World Series Championships Have the Minnesota Twins Won?
The Minnesota Twins as a franchise have won three World Series trophies. Two of the World Series victories came as Minnesota in 1987 and 1991. Before that, they won the World Series in 1924 when they were playing in Washington D.C.
What is the Average Attendance at Target Field?
2021 had a limit to the number of fans that could watch baseball games in person. With that being said, the Twins were in the middle of the pack with attendance at their stadium. They had a bit over 16k fans per game, and were able to draw 1.3 million fans to their ballpark during the season.
Conclusion: Target Field Food
In conclusion, Target Field gives a lot for Twins fans to brag about when comparing all Major League Baseball ballparks. The stadium is new, has ample standing-room sections, and offers some of the best food in any ballpark. Catching a game at Target Field during the summer when the weather is ideal should be on every baseball fan’s bucket list.
Finally, fans should be familiar with the Target Field parking situation when driving to the venue for Twins games. Sometimes finding parking near 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, MN 55403 can be difficult, so that link should help! In addition to driving, fans can take advantage of the Twin Cities region’s Metro Light Rail system to get to and from the ballpark within the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.