Best Food at Ryan Field
Ryan Field is home to the Northwestern Wildcats college football team. Since opening in 1926, the venue has gone through renovations and expansions to improve the game day atmosphere for fans coming to it for a match. One of the more overlooked improvements recently to the stadium is the improvements to the food and drink options they offer fans.
Here is the complete Ryan Field food and drink guide for a Northwestern Wildcats college football game.
Classic Ryan Field Food
- Food Court (Soth End Zone): Boneless wings with your choice of sauce, loaded nachos, soda, water, beer, and more
- Comida Cantina’s (South End Zone): Fans looking for tacos can head to the South NZone to find this location. This area also offers burrito bowls, chips, cheese, salsa, soda, water, beer, and more
- Dog House: Offering Chicago-style hot dogs, chili cheese hot dogs, chili cheese nachos, and more outside the South End Zone area
- Classic Stadium Food: Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, potato chips, gluten-free hot dogs, soda, water, beer, and more at W123
- Portable Beer Stands: There are numerous portable beer stands throughout the concourse to grab a drink from during the game
New Food at Ryan Field
- Food Trucks: Fans will find plenty of food trucks offering various food options throughout the year. Fans can find this area at Gate H
- Gyro Station: Fans can pick up a traditional gyro sandwich with tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, and more
- Il Taco the Big Pizza: Sering classic cheese and pepperoni pizza slices on the first-floor concourse
- Wildcat Grill: The Wildcat Grill offers a rotating menu of burgers throughout the year. They offer their popular steakhouse half-pound burger and bacon avocado half-pound burger
Classic Dessert Choices
- Soft Pretzels: Most concession stands throughout the venue offer pretzels to get
- Candy: Fans can pick up candy at most of the concession stands throughout the concourse
- Popcorn / Chips: Most concession stands offer popcorn and potato chips
- Nuts on Clark Popcorn: The famous popcorn, nuts, and other treats stand at the venue
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into the Ryan Field for a Game?
Fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into Ryan Field for a college football game. Be sure to visit the team’s A-Z guide to see the list of items that can’t come into the stadium for a game.
Can You Tailgate Outside Ryan Field Before a Game?
Tailgating occurs before every home game in the North and South Golf Lots at the Northwestern University campus. Fans arrive hours before kickoff to set up their tailgating spot in the parking lots to grill food, play music, and drink before a game.
To learn more about tailgating before an event at Ryan Field, visit this link.
Best Games to Visit for a Northwestern Wildcats College Football Game
The Northwestern Wildcats college football team has a few rivals that every fan should know. Below are some of their most fierce rivals in no particular order.
- Notre Dame
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The maximum seating capacity at the football venue is 47,130.