Best Food at Nationals Park
Nationals Park is home to the 2019 World Series Champions Washington Nationals out in Washington, DC. The venue opened up in 2008 and continues to be one of the best MLB stadiums in the game today. Not only is the ballpark new and modern, but the food menu at the stadium continues to get better each season.
Here are some of the best food options to consider when catching a Washington Nationals game.
Classic Nationals Park Food Choices
- Enzo’s Pizza: Italian pizza slices including cheese, pepperoni, meatball, veggie, and more out in sections 115, 214, 225, and 310.
- Haute Dogs & Fries: Serving up chili dogs, DC dogs, Chicago dogs, hot dogs, and Banh Mi. You are getting the best spread of hot dogs that you can find in section 105
- Shake Shack: Get delicious hamburgers, cheeseburgers, French Fries, milkshakes, and more out in section 240
- Bud Light Loft: The name speaks for itself, but it is a great place to sit or stand with friends, drink beer, and watch the game from left field. If you are looking for a casual place to enjoy baseball with friends, you should get to the Budweiser section early since it fills up fast.
- District Drafts: Fans looking for more local and craft beers should visit one of the many beer locations throughout the venue.
New Food at Nationals Park
- Box Frites: Belgium-style fries in both traditional and spicy out in section 240. These frites make it the perfect ballpark snack to share with someone or enjoy for yourself.
- Chesapeake Crab Cake Company: If you are looking for a real DC treat, you need to get the crab cakes with kettle chips out in sections 114 and 308
- Ben’s Chili Bowl: A hot dog smothered in chili served on a warm bun in concession stands 109, 140, and 315
- Nacho Bar Section: Nacho fans can rejoice at the loaded nachos served with guacamole, cheese, black beans, sour cream, and more in section 217
- El Verano Taqueria: A modern Mexican taco stand that serves up everything you would expect in your taco. Check out this taco food section in section 233
- G Sandwich Shop by Mike Isabella: Serving up chicken parmesan sandwiches, Italian heroes, and even vegetarian options like Buffalo Cauliflower. Check out this treat in section 136.
- Pinch Dumplings: Fans looking for something different to eat at the game should visit Pinch Dumplings. Pinch Dumplins offers dumplings from pork to vegetarian, so there is something for everyone. Visit section 302 to get a few dumplings to eat during the game.
- Old Hickory BBQ: Serving up slow-smoked brisket out in section 301
- Hank’s Oyster Bar: Lobster rolls, oysters, shrimp, clam chowder, and more out in section 106
- Harris Creek Oyster Co: Freshly shucked bivalves out in section 243
- Gluten-Free Grill: Out in the center field plaza, fans can enjoy countless gluten-free food, including pizza, beer, and sandwiches
- Fuku: Serving up waffle fries and fried chicken sandwiches out in section 238
Classic Dessert Choices
- Dippin Dots: You will find plenty of Dippin Dots stands serving ice cream in a wide-range of flavors to enjoy
- District Doughnut: Warm and delicious doughnuts for fans to enjoy out in section 107
- Fluffy Thoughts: Cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, and more out-ins section 135
Can You Bring Your Food into Nationals Park?
According to MLB.com, Nationals fans can bring single-serving food items into the venue in an approved bag. All food items are subject to be screened as fans walk into the stadium. Washington Nationals fans can also bring in a clear plastic bottle of water that has not been opened into the ballpark.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
Popular Matches Against the Washington Nationals
The Washington Nationals tend to be hit or miss with their home crowd support. When the team won the World Series in 2019, the venue was packed with fans. When the team is not doing well, most matches won’t be near 100% seating capacity. However, expect larger crowds at the venue when the Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets, and Los Angeles Dodgers visit.
Fans looking for less expensive tickets to Nationals Park should consider going on weekdays. For the most part, weekday games will be cheaper than what you will find on the weekends. Weekday games against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, and Miami Marlins tend to be the most affordable tickets during the week.
How Many World Series Have the Washington Nationals Won?
The Washington Nationals have only won the World Series once in their career, which came in 2019. The 2019 World Series victory was surprising because the team didn’t start the year off strong and went into the playoffs as a Wild Card team.
What is the Average Gameday Attendance at Nationals Park for a Baseball Game?
The 2021 Major League Baseball season limited the number of fans attending games. With those fan restrictions in place, Washington Nationals home games were in the middle of the pack via gameday attendance with 18k fans per match.
Nationals Park has a seating capacity of 41,888.
Conclusion: Nationals Park Food
In conclusion, Nationals Park has many features for fans to enjoy. The stadium is new, the team is exciting, it is one block from the Navy Yard ballpark station, and the ballpark food continues updating each season. When the Washington Nationals are a good team, you can expect many fans to show up to the venue for a game.
Finally, check out the Nationals Park parking tips if you plan to drive to the venue out in Washington, DC!