Best Food at Lower.com Field
Lower.com Field is home to Columbus Crew SC, a Major League Soccer team. The new crew stadium opened in 2021, replacing the team’s original home, Historic Crew Stadium. The venue sits at 96 Columbus Crew Way, Columbus, Ohio 43215, and is close to the Arena District in downtown Columbus and Nationwide Arena, where the Columbus Blue Jackets play hockey.
Here is the complete breakdown of food and drink options at Lower.com Field.
Classic Lower.com Field Food
- Crew Grill: Chicken strips, nachos, hot dogs, burgers, cheeseburgers, soda, water, beer, and more in section 105
- Columbus Craves: Pretzels, hard hat nachos, candy, burgers, soda, water, beer, and more in section 122
- Market 96: Buffalo cauliflower wraps, salads, chips, popcorn, and more in sections 106, 125, and 128
- Barrio Tacos: Tacos, chips and dip, soda, water, beer, and more in section 107
- Dirty Franks: Hot dogs, pretzels, tatter tots, candy, soda, water, beer, and more in section 143
- Link and Beers: Hot dogs, bratwursts, beer, and more at the upper terrace
- Burgers and Beers: Choose from a wide selection of burger options, including gluten-free and more, in the upper concourse
New Food at Lower.com Field
- Nordecke Beer Garden: Out in the upper deck at the stadium behind section 127, fans can get a great view of the action while enjoying the extensive beer menu to drink on matchday
- Walking Tacos: Fans looking to customize their tacos can head to section 103
- Dos Hermanos: Tacos, nachos, chips, salsa, and more in section 129
- Legacy Smokehouse: Offering up a wide selection of BBQ options and sides out in section 105
- Donatos Pizza: Serving up pizza, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 6 and 16
- Hot Chicken Takeover: A hot chicken sandwich with coleslaw, beans, and more out in section 10
- Schmidt’s: Serving up bratwursts, German potato salad, jumbo cream puffs, and more in section 12
Classic Dessert Choices
- Schmidt’s: Head over to section 12 to get the jumbo cream puffs to enjoy on matchday
- Dirty Franks: Fans looking for candy to enjoy during a soccer game can head over to section 143
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Drinks into the Columbus Crew Venue?
According to the official A-Z guide of the Columbus Crew, fans can’t bring outside food or drinks into the stadium.
Also, be sure to visit the Lower.com Field Bag Policy page to see what you can and can’t bring into the venue.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the Venue
There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance of Lower.com Field to visit before kickoff. Some popular places include Betty’s Bar, Whistle & Keg, Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar, and Char Bar.
Also, visit the Lower.com Field parking page before driving to the arena. That link can help you understand where to park and more on matchday.
Can You Smoke Inside the Arena?
According to the A-Z Guide of the Columbus Crew, there are designated areas outside the arena for fans to smoke. One place that allows smoking is outside Tipico Sportsbook Biergarten, behind section 126. However, be sure to visit the official smoking policy of the team to ensure the rules stay the same before your next visit.
Popular Columbus Crew Matches
All Columbus Crew fans look forward to each year’s matchup against FC Cincinnati. Since both of these clubs are in Ohio, it is a derby game that brings great energy and excitement to the venue. If you can only go to one Crew game a year, consider going when they play their derby rival.
Outside of the rival game against FC Cincinnati, there are other popular games to check out at the stadium during the season. The matchups that bring the most energy and fan passion are when NYCFC, New York Red Bulls, and Philadelphia Union visit.
Finally, when the Crew is in the playoffs, you can expect the atmosphere to be electric no matter who they are playing.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
The max seating capacity at Lower.com Field for an MLS game is 20,371.