Best Food at Lane Stadium
Lane Stadium is home to the Virginia Tech Hokies college football team at 185 Beamer Way, Blacksburg, VA 24061. Due to the fan noise levels, the stadium is one of the most intimidating college football fields for visiting teams to play at, making it one of the best stadiums in college football. With that being the case, fans of college football tend to have this stadium at the top of their list to visit.
Here is Lane Stadium’s complete food and drink guide for your next Virginia Tech Hokies game.
Classic Lane Stadium Food
- Papa John’s Pizza: Cheese and pepperoni slices of pizza, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 2, 3, 17, 18, 25, and 504
- Footlong Hotdogs: Fans looking for hot dogs can find them at many concession stands throughout the venue
- Hethwood Market Cheesesteaks: Philly cheesesteaks and chicken cheesesteak sandwiches in section 102
- Portable Beer Stands: There are numerous stands throughout the venue selling beer, seltzers, soda, water, and more
New Food at Lane Stadium
- HokieFit: Gluten-free black bean burgers, chips, turkey wraps, soda, water, beer, and more in sections 2, 7, 31, and 104
- Hokie Smokin’ BBQ: Classic BBQ treats, including pulled pork sandwiches and nachos in sections 9 and 102
- Tropical Smoothie Stands: A wide selection of drink flavors to choose from in sections
- Smokin’ Hokie Legs Tent: Premium sandwiches, soda, water, beer, and more in the southwest corner of the venue
Classic Dessert Choices
- Candy: Most concession stands sell a wide selection of candy to enjoy during the game
- Minute Maid Frozen Stand: Frozen lemonade and strawberry treats in sections 8, 14, 31, and 105
- Bavarian Pretzel Stand: Warm pretzels in sections 1, 6, 104, and 504
- Popcorn Stands: There are numerous popcorn stands throughout the concourse
- Hethwood Market Sno Cones: Offering a wide selection of snow cone flavors in section 102
- Hethwood Market Kettle Corn: Delicious popcorn at the northwest corner of the venue
- Milkshakes: Fans looking for milkshakes can head to the Hethwood Market in section 102
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Lane Stadium?
Fans can’t bring any outside food or drinks into Lane Stadium for a game. Therefore, unless you want to eat and drink via tailgating before a game, you’ll need to get something from the concession stands at the venue. Be sure to visit the team’s official A-Z guide for more information on the prohibited items list.
Can You Tailgate Before a Game at Lane Stadium?
Fans looking for the whole experience of catching a college football game at Lane Stadium should tailgate. Tailgating begins hours before kickoff in the parking lots that surround the stadium. If you want to learn more about tailgating before a Virginia Tech Hokies game, you can visit this link.
Best Games to Visit for a Virginia Tech Match
The home-field advantage at Lane Stadium makes it one of the most intimidating places for any rival to play a game due to the crowd noise. Below are the rival schools that fans and players look forward to seeing visit their stadium.
- West Virginia
- Georgia Tech
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The max seating capacity is 65,632. However, while that number is smaller than other college football stadiums, the loudness will be greater than most. The way the stadium traps noise due to the architecture and the fans’ passion makes it sound much louder than 65k spectators.