Best Food at Keybank Center
Keybank Center (originally HSBC Arena, First Niagra Center, and Marine Midland Arena) is home to the Buffalo Sabres NHL team. The venue opened in 1996 in downtown Buffalo at 1 Seymour H Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, New York 14203. If you are curious, the venue is about 20 miles away from Highmark Stadium, where the Buffalo Bills play football. The Buffalo Bills play on the outskirts of downtown Buffalo.
Outside of hosting the Buffalo Sabres hockey team, the venue is also home to the Buffalo Bandits, a professional lacrosse team. Finally, the venue hosts plenty of live music concerts, events, shows, performances, and more all year round for fans to enjoy in the area.
Here are the Keybank Center food and drink menu items.
Classic Keybank Center Food
- Classic Meals: Fans can find numerous concessions stands around the venue selling hot dogs, burgers, chicken tenders, fries, nachos, pretzels, popcorn, candy, water, soda, beer, and more throughout the concourse
- Tim Hortons: Serving up coffee, hot chocolate, donuts, and more for fans to enjoy in multiple concession stands around the venue
- La Nova: Cheese and pepperoni pizza that claims that the crust is thicker than a traditional NY pizza but not as thick as Chicago’s thick crust.
- Salsarita: Serving up nachos covered in cheese and more out in section 117
New Food at Keybank Center
- Aud Club: Roast beef sandwiches and more can be found near section 111
- El Rey’s Mexican Kitchen: Burritos, street tacos, nachos, and more for fans to enjoy on game day.
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos: Serving up large amounts of nachos with tons of toppings out at the club level
- Stinger on Weck: Beef on a large kummelweck bread, blue cheese, fries, soda, beer, and more for fans to enjoy. Fans can only get this if they are at the club level at the venue.
- Simply Pierogi: Serving up classic pierogi dishes and more for fans to enjoy
Classic Dessert Choices
- Ice Cream Taco: Fans looking for the ultimate ice cream dessert with tons of toppings in a waffle cone can enjoy this if they sit at the club level.
Can You Bring Outside Food into the Venue?
Fans can’t bring outside food or drinks to the venue for any Sabres game or event. However, fans who want to meet up with friends to pregame and drink and eat before a game can go to some nearby bars and restaurants near the venue. Some popular bars and restaurants are the Southern Tier Brewery Buffalo, The Draft Room Buffalo, Cobblestone, and Swannie House.
Can You Smoke Inside the Venue?
According to the official site of Keybank Center, there is no smoking inside the arena. Read the official statement to ensure the rules don’t change before your next visit. If possible, fans should consider smoking in the parking lots near the venue before heading inside for a game or event.
Popular Matches Against the Buffalo Sabres
Catching a Buffalo Sabres game is always a treat when you are in the western New York area. While every home game is fun, specific matches during the regular season bring more intensity than others. Those matches are when the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Boston Bruins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Montreal Canadiens come to town.
What is the Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The seating capacity for a hockey game at the venue is 19,070. For other special events, like concerts, the venue can hold more fans depending on the performance.