Best Food at Kenan Memorial Stadium
Kenan Memorial Stadium is home to the North Carolina Tar Heels football team. The venue opened in 1927 at 78 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Over the years, the stadium has gone through numerous renovations to add more seating and improve the game day experience for fans.
Here are the food and drinks you can get at Kenan Memorial Stadium for your next football game!
Classic Kenan Memorial Stadium Food
- Traditional Concession Stand Food: Hebrew national jumbo hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, Grande nachos, frozen lemonade, soda, alcoholic beverages, and more can be found throughout the concourses at the stadium
- Dunkin Donuts: Serving up coffee, munchkins, and more in sections 1010, 110, 122, 130, and West End Zone.
- Chick-Fil-A: Fans looking for the tasty crispy chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A can head to sections 102, 109, 121, 129, West End Zone Gate 6
- Bojangles: Fried chicken and more in sections 101, 104, 108, 111, 120, 123, 130, 204, 208, 223, and 227
- Papa John’s: Cheese, pepperoni, and more pizza out in sections 101, 108, 111, 120, 123, 127, 130, 202, 210, 221, and 229
New Food at Kenan Stadium
- Backyard Bistro Smokehouse: Half-pound Angus cheeseburgers, Philly Cheesesteaks, chicken tenders, BBQ sandwiches, and more out in sections 102, 104, 109, 110, 119, 129, and 130
- Ip3 Cheesesteaks: Serving up cheesesteaks, chicken parm sandwiches, meatball subs, and more in sections 115 and 122
- Al’s Burger Shack: Signature burgers, fries, and more out in section 112
- Maui Wowi: Get tropical smoothies, coffees, and more during a Carolina Football game in sections 103/104, and 117
Classic Dessert Choices
- Concession Stands: Serving up cotton candy, ice cream, Dippin’ Dots, peanuts, and more throughout many of the concession stands in the concourse.
- Kona Ice: Serving up a wide range of shaved ice treats in section 103 that are perfect to have on a warm and sunny UNC football day
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Beverages into Kenan Memorial Stadium?
According to the goheels.com policies page, fans can’t bring outside food or drinks into the stadium. However, if you have any special diet restrictions, you can ask the staff what you can bring into the venue.
Can You Smoke Inside the Tar Heels Football Stadium?
According to the goheels.com policies page, fans can’t smoke anywhere inside the stadium. If fans want to smoke, they can do so outside 100 feet of the stadium. However, be sure to visit the official policy page to ensure that these rules stay the same before your next visit.
Can You Tailgate?
Tailgating before kickoff is a popular tradition before every home game at Kenan Memorial Stadium for Tar Heel Fans. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill asks fans who want to participate in tailgating to do so responsibly and safely. Outside of that, they (the school) ask fans to keep their tailgating area to one parking space per car.
Also, be sure to visit the official tailgating policy guide to learn more before your next visit. That official tailgating guide will go over what you can and can’t bring for tailgating in the parking lots.
Popular Games Against North Carolina Tar Heels (UNC)
Catching a UNC football game should be at the top of the list for any college football fan. The big rivals of UNC are against NC State, Duke, South Carolina, and Wake Forest visit. Along with that, games against Clemson and Georgia Tech are also popular with fans.
What is the Max Seating Capacity?
Back in 1927, the seating capacity was about 25k. Today, with the renovations over the years, the stadium now has a capacity of 50,500.