Best Food at Kauffman Stadium
Kauffman Stadium is the home to the 2015 World Series Champions Kansas City Royals out in Kansas City, Missouri. While the ballpark is old today since it is from 1969, the Royals organization continues making the ballpark feel new. The organization makes the ballpark feel new is expanding standing room sections across the ballpark and updating their food menu every season.
Here are some of the best food options to consider when catching a Royals game at Kauffman Stadium.
Classic Kauffman Stadium Field Food Choices
- Bullpen Burgers and Shakes: Serving up classic burgers, French fries, and milkshakes out in the right field
- Stadium Dog: The classic hot dog for fans to enjoy during a baseball game. You can find hot dogs, pretzels, and fried chicken all around the concession stands at the venue
- Rival Sports Bar: If you are looking for more traditional ballpark food, you should check Rival Sports Bar out in the right field
- Tacos: Tacos made to order are in sections 225 and 427
New Food at Kauffman Stadium
- Brisket-Acho: BBQ baked beans, brisket, coleslaw, tortilla chips, sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, and more out in sections 221, 225, 234, 314, 417, and 422
- Rookie Sandwich: Similar to the Brisket-Acho, but is a traditional sandwich to enjoy. You can find this sandwich in sections 221, 234, 251, 417, and 422
- Chickie & Petes: Offering boneless buffalo wings, a cheesesteak with cheese sauce, crab fries, and more out in section 216
- Custom Crust Pizza: Offering cheese, pepperoni, BBQ pulled pork, and even veggie.
- Cheddar Brat: Traditional and plant-based brats available for fans to eat during the game
- Craft & Draft: Serving up 75 different types of beers for fans to enjoy
- Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen Skewer: Flatbread sandwiches with chicken, lamb, or pork out in section 249
- Spike Seltzers: Fans looking for an alternative to beer can head behind the center-field scoreboard to pick up hard seltzers
Classic Dessert Choices
- Belfonte Ice ream: Offering ice cream including pints, sundaes, cookies, endless toppings, and more behind the center-field scoreboard
- KC Baking Company Brownie Milkshake: One of the most demand dessert options at the stadium is the brownie milkshake. Fans get treated to chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry on the top
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes: Chocolate and vanilla frosting over donuts
- Wine Slushes: While not a traditional dessert, The K offers wine slushes for adults who are looking for something sweet with a kick.
Can You Bring Your Food into Kauffman Stadium?
According to MLB.com, fans can only bring in an unsealed plastic 1-liter of water to the venue.
Can You Smoke in the Facility?
Popular Matches Against the Kansas City Royals
How the Kansas City Royals are doing that season will dictate how many people come to their stadium for baseball. However, some matches will always draw more fans than others, and those games include the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and St. Louis Cardinals. Those games always bring many away fans to the ballpark, which adds a 50/50 mix between Royals fans and visiting team fans.
Fans looking for less expensive games at Kauffman Stadium should go during a weekday match. Weekday matches are usually cheaper than going on a weekend. In addition to that, buying tickets against the Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, and Tampa Bay Rays tends to be less expensive.
How Many World Series Have the Kansas City Royals Won?
The Kansas City Royals have won a total of two World Series Championships as a franchise. Their first World Series victory came in 1985. Their second and most recent came in 2015 against the New York Mets.
What is the Average Attendance for a Game at Kauffman Stadium?
Fans of the Royals tend to show up on game day to the venue when the team is doing well. In 2021, Kauffman Stadium was in the bottom ten of the league in average attendance per game and total fans visiting the ballpark. They had an average of 14k fans per game and only had over one million fans visit their venue during the season. The seating capacity for the venue sits just under 40k fans per game.
Conclusion: Kauffman Stadium Food
In conclusion, Kauffman Stadium (The K) has a lot for Royals fans to appreciate. Kauffman Stadium is always one of the best places to catch an MLB game, from the expanded outfield seats next to the water fountains. Not only that, but Royals fans are some of the most knowledgeable of the game, and the staff at the venue are friendly too. Finally, the Royals keep adding more delicious food items to their menu each season, so there is always something new to try when you come back!
Finally, here are the Kauffman Stadium parking tips to consider for your next visit to the ballpark. These parking tips will help you find ways to save money!