Heinz Field is the NFL stadium of the Pittsburgh Steelers out on 100 Art Rooney Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212. The stadium sits near PNC Park, which is where the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team plays. Both the Pirates and the Steelers sit along the Allegheny River overlooking downtown Pittsburgh.
In addition to NFL games, Heinz Field hosts many events for fans to enjoy. Some events include concerts, the NHL Winter Classic, Soccer games, Pittsburgh Panthers football games, and more. Whether going to a Steelers game or another occasion, you should become familiar with the venue’s food. Here are some of the best food options to consider to get at the venue on game day or any event.
Classic Heinz Field Food Choices
View this post on Instagram
- Goal Line Stand: Staple stadium foods including hot dogs, pizza, peanuts, popcorn, soft pretzels, soda, beer, and more throughout the stadium
- Beverage Blitz: Soda and beer throughout the stadium for fans to enjoy
New Foods to Enjoy During a Pittsburgh Steelers Game
- Primanti Brothers: Loaded sandwiches with tomatoes, fries, meat, and more out in the Great Hall
- Quaker Steak ‘N’ Lube: Gyros, wings, and pierogis
- Kennywood: Potato patch gravy fries out in the Great Hall
- Benkovitz Seafood: Fish and chips and more out in section 106
- Nacho Zone: Loaded nachos out in sections 227, 241l 522, and 535
You can find classic stadium desserts like ice cream throughout the venue.
Can you Bring Outside Food to Heinz Field?
According to heinzfield.com, fans can bring outside food into the stadium for a Steelers game. The official statement is that food of any kind contained in a clear plastic bag can enter the venue.
Can you Tailgate Before a Game?
Tailgating opens up five hours before kick-off during each home game. Check out the Heinz Field tailgate section to learn more about booking an event for your next visit!
Also, visit the Heinz Field parking tips before your next visit!
Can you Smoke at the Facility?
In summary, catching a Steelers football game or any event at Heinz Field is a treat. Heinz Field has the beautiful backdrop of downtown Pittsburgh, which gives it one of the best backdrops in the game, a treat for any Steelers fan. While the stadium opened up in 2001, the Steelers organization continues to add new food options for fans to consider each season, so there is always something new to try!