Ford Field is the NFL stadium of the Detroit Tigers out on 2000 Brush St, Detroit, Michigan 48226. In addition to NFL games, Ford Field hosts NCAA bowl games, wrestling championships, NCAA basketball games, Monster Jam, and more.
Here are some of the best food options to consider at the venue to get during a football game or any event.
Classic Ford Field Food Choices
- Coney Island Hot Dog: The classic NY hot dog to enjoy found throughout the main concourse
- Downtown Counter: Classic football food like hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, craft beer, domestic beer, soda, water, and more out in section 139
- Wahlburgers: The classic burger and French Fries combo is out in the club level only
New Foods to Enjoy During a Detroit Lions Game
- Mitten Mashed: A loaded baked potato smothered in cheese and peppers out in section 119
- Big Boy Hamburgers: Grilled chicken sandwiches, milkshakes, and fries out in sections 108 and 127
- Poletown Sausage: Authentic polish sausages out in section 103
- Hancho Nachos: A big box of nachos with cheese, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, and more out in section 133.
- Goalpost Grill & Pizzeria: Chicken tenders, hot dogs, cheese pizza, and more out in section 119
- Nashville Hot Chicken Loaded Fries: Fries loaded with cheese, bacon, smoked chicken, relish, and more are out in section 224
- Turf Town: Classic domestic beer out in sections 105 and 128
- Beef Jery Stand: Get delicious beef jerky using local meats out in section 224
- Duo Waffle Tacos: Hot Nashville chicken in between sweet waffle shells out in the south club level
Classic Desserts to have on Game Day
Can you Bring Outside Food into Ford Field Stadium?
According to the Detroit Lions’ official website, all outside food and liquids are not allowed inside the stadium. You can check out the entire list of prohibited items with this link.
Can you Tailgate Before a Game?
Tailgating events occur before the kickoff during a Detroit Lions home game. The best place to tailgate is the Eastern Market and Greektown near Comerica Park, where the Detroit Tigers play baseball. Check out the Comerica Park parking if you are looking to save money when catching a baseball game.
Can You Smoke Inside the Facility?
There is no smoking allowed in the regular seating area of Ford Field. However, there are some gates that do allow smoking outside. Check out this link to see what areas you can smoke at.
Popular Matches Against the Detroit Lions
The Detroit Lions have a strong and passionate fanbase that turns up each week to see them play. Outside of the traditional Thanksgiving game that will always be a sellout, there are certain matches that draw more fans than others. The big matches against the Detroit Lions are when the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, and Dallas Cowboys come and visit.
Conclusion: Ford Field Food
In summary, Ford Field is famous for its annual Thanksgiving game in the Motor City each season. The Lions’ organization continues adding new food items each season by working with the city of Detroit chefs, so there is always something new to try each season. Finally, if you want to drive to the game, check out the Ford Field parking tips to save money on your next visit!
Also, Ford Field sits directly next to Comerica Park, which is where the Detroit Tigers play baseball. Check out Comerica Park Parking to find ways to save on parking for your next event there!