FedEx Field is the NFL stadium of the Washington Commanders Team (originally the Washington Redskins and Washington Football Team) out on 1600 FedEx Way, Greater Landover, Maryland 20785. In addition to NFL games, FedEx Field hosts concerts, soccer games, college football matches, and more.
Here are some of the best food options to consider to get on gameday during home games.
Classic FedEx Field Food Choices
- Beer Options: You will find plenty of classic and draft beer choices to enjoy all around the stadium
- Chicken Guy: From the one and only Gur Fieri, fans can enjoy chicken tenders throughout the main concourse
- Ben’s Chili Bowl: Get the famous chili vegan hot dog throughout the stadium
- Crafthaus: Up in the club level at the stadium, fans can enjoy an extensive list of local craft beer when rooting on the home team
New Foods to Enjoy During a Washington Commanders Game
- KitchenCray: Caribbean food including crab cake, wings, mac n cheese with lobster, and more out in section 447
- Caesar’s Vineyard: Salads, fruit cups, and wraps for Redskins fans looking for a healthier food option during the football game
- EllaRay’s Cafe: BBQ with Mac n Cheese out in section 336
- Fireman’s Cafe: Shrimp, crab, catfish, fries, and more out in section 323
- Seafood at the Shack: Jerk chicken, wings, fritters, and more out in section 337
- Paisano’s Pizza: Serving up cheese, pepperoni, sausage, veggie, and more pizza slices to enjoy
- Buds’ N Burgers: Get delicious gourmet brisket and bacon burgers
- Suit2Cook: Jumbo crab rolls and more out in section 330
- Casa De Ávila Tacos: Serving up chicken, carnitas, pastor, and more tacos for fans to enjoy
- Loaded Mac N’ Cheese Bowls: Serving up cheesy mac n cheese with an assortment of toppings out in sections 185, 336, and 377
- Boardwalk Fries: Fans looking for a twist on fries should check out the funnel fries at the stadium. Funnel cake batter makes these fries, which is delicious!
- Red Velvet Chicken and Waffles: While not technically a traditional dessert, fans fan can enjoy chicken tenders loaded with syrup and powdered sugar out in section 336
- South Mountain Creamery Ice Cream Shop: A wide-range of Maryland farm ice cream out in section 341
Can you Bring Outside Food into FedEx Field?
According to the team’s official website, all outside food and beverages are not allowed to enter the stadium.
Can you Tailgate Before a Game?
Tailgating takes place four hours in the parking lots before kick-off during a home game. If you are looking to secure a parking spot before heading to the stadium, you should check out the FedEx Field parking tips.
Can You Smoke at the Stadium?
There is no smoking in the general seating areas at the stadium. However, fans looking to smoke should check out the permitted smoking areas at the stadium.
Also, be sure to visit the FedEx Field Bag Policy Guide to see what bags can come into the arena with fans.
Popular Matches Against the Washington Commanders
The Washington Commanders at times struggle bringing fans into their stadium for football games. With the team not as good recently and the stadium being old, most games won’t be sellouts. However, you can expect more fan interest to show up to the venue when the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, and the New York Giants come and visit.
Conclusion: FedEx Field Food
In summary, FedEx Field offers a lot for fans to enjoy when catching a game. While the stadium was relatively new, in 1997, fans have complaints about the actual stadium in certain spots due to the design. Not only is the design a bit outdated, but it sits eleven miles away from Washington DC. On top of that, the nearest metro is a mile away, which makes getting to the stadium difficult.
If you are curious, the Washington Nationals play baseball about 15 miles away from FedEx Field. Capital One Arena, where the Washington Capitals hockey team plays, sits about the same distance out. Finally, Audi Field, where D.C. United plays soccer, is also about 15 miles away.