Best Food at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park is home to the Colorado Rapids team, a member of Major League Soccer. The stadium has the luxury of having the beautiful Rocky Mountains in the backdrop of the stadium, making it truly different from all other stadiums in the league. The stadium opened in 2007 at 6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, CO 80022. Also, what might surprise first-time visitors is that the venue is about 30 minutes away from Denver, where the MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL teams play.
Outside of hosting soccer games, DSGP accommodates other events year-round for residents to enjoy. Those other events include concerts, rugby matches, Lacross matches, and more.
Here is the complete food and drink guide at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
Classic Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Food
- Extreme Hot Dogs: Serving up the ultimate collection of famous hot dogs for fans on game day. You can get the Chicago Style (pickle and peppers), California Style (avocado and coleslaw), or the Mile High Style (green chili, cheese, and jalapenos) out in section 108.
- Grilled Stand: Classic stadium meals, including hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, southwest burgers, french fries, soda, water, beer, and more in section 100
- Marco’s Pizza: Serving up classic pizza dishes to enjoy when catching a Rapids game
- Beer Carts: There are numerous beer carts throughout the stadium’s concession stands for fans to get a beer from during a soccer game
New Food at the Colorado Rapids Stadium
- Cuban Food Stand: Cuban-style sandwiches and salads out in section 130
- The Mexican Food Stand: Nachos covered in cheese, bison nachos, and chicken nachos out in section 105
- GB Fish & Chips: Serving up fish and chip dishes out near Eighteen76
- Taco Shack: Serving up tacos with a wide range of protein choices in the stadium’s Northside. The Taco Shack also has vegetarian options for fans to enjoy on game day.
- Old Brewing Pub: Serving up a wide selection of beer for fans to enjoy on matchday on the stadium’s east side.
Classic Dessert Choices
- Classic Desserts: Fans will find traditional desserts to enjoy during the sporting event, like ice cream, popcorn, pretzels, chips, and more, in many concession stands throughout the venue’s concourse.
Can Fans Bring Outside Food or Drinks into the Colorado Rapids Stadium?
According to the official fan guide section on the team’s websites, fans can’t bring outside food or drinks into the stadium. However, consider reaching out to the team before your event if you have special dietary needs. You can email the team your nutritional needs at GuestRelations@DSGPark.com. Consider reaching out to the team a few weeks before your matchup to be safe.
Also, be sure to visit the Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Bag Policy page.
Popular Bars and Restaurants Near the Stadium
With the soccer team’s stadium surrounded by numerous fields and parking lots, you will find only a few food or drink options within walking distance. If you are willing to drive, consider going to the Halftime sports Bar, Church’s Texas Chicken, or El Coco Pirata before heading to the game.
While the selection of bars and restaurants may be limited, tailgating occurs in the parking lots before kickoff, which fans can visit. Consider showing up a few hours before kickoff to partake in the tailgating festivities in the parking spaces before the game. You will see countless Colorado Rapids Supporters participating in this popular tradition before the match begins.
Also, visit the Dick’s Sporting Goods Park parking guide before your next visit. Visiting that link can help you learn about the parking situation at the venue.
Can You Smoke Inside Dick’s Sporting Goods Park?
According to the fan guide section for the Rapids, there is no smoking allowed inside the arena.
Popular Matches Against Colorado Rapids
The biggest matchup for Colorado Rapids is against Real Salt Lake. The matchup between these two squads is known as the Mountain Cup.
Outside the Mountain Cup games, certain Western Conference matchups always draw more interest than others to the stadium. Those big matchups are when LAFC, Los Angeles Galaxy, and Austin FC come to town.
What is the Max Seating Capacity at the Venue?
The max seating capacity for a soccer game is just under 19,000. However, if there is another event, like a concert, the seating capacity can increase closer to 30,000.